The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Cakes and Adders Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
Hey guys so Murphy's has asked me to do some reviews and when the opportunity arises some live performances of some new releases they carry...first one out of the gate is Shoots and Adders which I LOVE -- if I still did kids shows I know this would be one I'd be looking forward to getting into my show...

Review video here:

http://youtu.be/IpvjhIoReXc

enjoy!
DANSPERRY.COM
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1241 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
Awesome! Thanks Dan. Looking forward to meeting you at Abbotts this summer.

Ken
thethinker
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of thethinker
Cakes and Adders review
Great packaging and graphics. Clean looking and packs small.

If you perform for 4-7 year old birthdays, this is a great effect!

8 and older...they think it's pretty lame!(and that's a direct quote from the kids!)

The cards are printed on relatively cheap card stock so you need to take extra care or plan on buying more in the future if you plan on putting this in your permanent show. They are thin and after thoroughly testing them out they began to show wear on some of the pictures.

With that being said, I believe you can take almost any effect that may be "not up to par" and flip it on it's side and make it into something great. So this gives you a base effect but it's up to you to make it great! Not everyone can bring the energy that Ricky brings!!!

although I Respect Dan's opinion, I took this out to the kids and put it to work. SO with that my opinion comes from a different angle.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
On May 10, 2014, thethinker wrote:

The cards are printed on relatively cheap card stock so you need to take extra care or plan on buying more in the future if you plan on putting this in your permanent show. They are thin and after thoroughly testing them out they began to show wear on some of the pictures.

Would it be possible to laminate the cards and still do the effect?
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
No.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2014, Markymark wrote:
No.

Thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Cakes and Adders Review (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL