The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » A.A.C.A.A.N by Asi Wind (48 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On Jun 9, 2014, gdw wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 9, 2014, doriancaudal wrote:
In what does this version differ from John Born's version ?

Whar's John Born's version?

Meant to Be and the Flip Shift (memdeck + shift).
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
I'm still working on the stack btw..

40/52

And I need to work on the relations with cards numbers btw.

Need more practice.
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
ricklaxmagic
View Profile
Special user
West Bloomfield, Michigan
690 Posts

Profile of ricklaxmagic
I'm always looking for the right excuse to memorize a stack...maybe this will finally be it.
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
Think Asi's version came before John's.. think John mentions it as well.
Scottacorman
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Scottacorman
I'm so ready to hit the download button. I hope it's not extremely difficult.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

If anyone needs help with this let me know.

More than willing to help if you own this.

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Just need to remember Mnemonica :/ little bit hard.

I'm on 40/52 but I don't know exaclty the numbers at 30++
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
Scottacorman
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Scottacorman
Can anybody chime in on how deceptive the actual move is?
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I think the "move" can look good. This requires confidence and audience attention skills. For many (myself included), this trick will only get good with practice in front of people (after suitable private practice) which is the scariest kind of practice.
Scottacorman
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Scottacorman
Misdirection too??
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
You don't need miss direction no
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
I have always wondered which version is cleaner, John Bornes, or Asi Winds.. In terms of reaching a certain threshold of proficiency with both methods, which one would be more crisp and undeserving of attention.

John's version uses a card for cover, Asi's uses his hand.

Does anyone have an opinion in this regard?

I do think John's is a little more difficult to perform, one must be fastidious with the dexterity. But at the same time, the quantifying aspect is covered before the box is even opened.

I think both approaches are brilliant personally.
swayne100
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of swayne100
I agree that both approaches are brilliant, but having just purchased and watched Asi's, I have to say I like his better than John's. I think Asi's is slightly easier to perform, but what I like most about it is that it's so much easier to prepare, you can even do it with any deck and box, provided you can get it into your preferred stack.

With that being said, If you are interested in this effect I highly recommend purchasing this as well as Meant To Be.
jeebs9
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of jeebs9
I've been looking for different types of aacaan. Asi Wind Double exposure is my new triumph (and I love it!)

But this looks pretty smooth. It's funny this trick just came out. Because I literally just learned Tamariz stack. And I'm pretty sure I have a sense of how it's done. Since the trick was just released I"m going to wait a little bit.
Scottacorman
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Scottacorman
Here's an idea. Instead of a stack, why not just have a cheat sheet on the back of a joker. Take them out and glance at correlating number.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2014, Scottacorman wrote:
Here's an idea. Instead of a stack, why not just have a cheat sheet on the back of a joker. Take them out and glance at correlating number.

That's a common approach for Mem Deck work in general, while still working on the actual "Mem" part.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
swayne100
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of swayne100
Asi actually mentioned doing that on the video
Scottacorman
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Scottacorman
Hmm. I don't recall him mentioning it.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2014, swayne100 wrote:
I agree that both approaches are brilliant, but having just purchased and watched Asi's, I have to say I like his better than John's. I think Asi's is slightly easier to perform, but what I like most about it is that it's so much easier to prepare, you can even do it with any deck and box, provided you can get it into your preferred stack.

With that being said, If you are interested in this effect I highly recommend purchasing this as well as Meant To Be.

This ACAAN is indeed really good, and I also recommend to read, in addition, John Born's approach on this plot (and also mine,in which you never touch the cards, unlike these versions, which are excellent by the way).
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
drphil
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of drphil
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2014, gdw wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2014, Scottacorman wrote:

That's a common approach for Mem Deck work in general, while still working on the actual "Mem" part.

The problem with this approach is smoothness. To have this work you need to have a mem. Deck down cold as soon as you here the card named you need to know the location in the deck and the cards around it and their numbers. Then you can work out the different formulas to make the move needed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » A.A.C.A.A.N by Asi Wind (48 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL