The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A turn of the page » » Public Domain Magic Literature (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SatanicBurrito
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of SatanicBurrito
Thinking about the magic books and pamphlets sold by various "smaller act" magicians after their shows or lectures as a way to make some side money. And maybe even some larger names that just let their copyright go. Or even authors who decide to let their work go to public domain to preserve it. For example, I have one from a magic convention with a "band aid" effect I guarantee most people will never have seen.

There must be libraries of material that are out of copyright date floating around out there - and it has to be a gold mine of information!

Anybody aware of sources for this type of material?
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
By now they've deleted all but
3771 Posts

Profile of landmark
Google.
The key to the future of the world is finding the optimistic stories and letting them be known. —Pete Seeger
SatanicBurrito
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of SatanicBurrito
Lol thanks Landmark ;p
Andrew Immerman
View Profile
Regular user
California
102 Posts

Profile of Andrew Immerman
Try Project Gutenberg. Scribd may also be worth a try, though Scribd is notorious for hosting illegal duplications.

Andrew
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
By now they've deleted all but
3771 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
Lol thanks Landmark ;p

About five seconds of Google will lead you to archive.org.
Now I can't hold your hand the whole way... Smile
The key to the future of the world is finding the optimistic stories and letting them be known. —Pete Seeger
David Martin
View Profile
New user
East Lyme, CT
88 Posts

Profile of David Martin
If you don't have an account on http://www.lybrary.com/ then make one. Once you do you will have access to what's left of The Learned Pig Project.

From Lybrary.com: "The Learned Pig Project was started in September 1999 by Marko from Panama. Marko's idea was essentially to mimic the Project Gutenberg for magicians. Project Gutenberg's purpose is to digitize public domain books. The Learned Pig Project's goal is to digitize public domain magic books. When Marko started he had four books digitized: My Magic Life (Devant), Miracle Mongers (Houdini), The Lives of the Conjurers (Frost) and Behind the Scenes with the Mediums (Abbott). He would later add dozens more. In late 2011 Marko shut down the project due to security issues on his website.

To prevent the loss of this great resource we (Lybrary.com) decided to purchase TLPP from Marko and continue to host it on our website. To get access to the magic ebooks, articles, sketches and tricks you will have to register a customer account at Lybrary.com and enable the magic newsletter. Once you do that you will see in the Tools section in your account a link to TLPP."

Not everything that was on the orignial TLPP is still there, but it still to this day is a fantastic resource.

David
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A turn of the page » » Public Domain Magic Literature (1 Likes)
  Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.045759 seconds, requiring 24 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [1] [8] [1] [2] [1] [4] [4] [4]