The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Lester Lake Head Chopper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1367 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
I am having thoughts about building a LL head chopper, my question is whose plans are "the best" (whatever that means)? Most detailed, clarity, etc? Abbotts, Osbourne, others?
Thank you in advance for your input.

Mark
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
Magic Researcher
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Magic Researcher
Owen.
Repeating a falsehood often and loudly does not make it true.
AGMagic
View Profile
Special user
Cailf.
775 Posts

Profile of AGMagic
A lot depends on how you plan to use it. The Osbourne plans are intended for a routine where the Chopper will not be inspected by an audience member. The Owen Chopper is detailed and somewhat complex to build but is well documented and can be examined. It also looks like it could actually chop someone's head off. I haven't seen the Abbott's plans. Make sure to use the best building materials available and use only the best building practices. Do not use construction grade lumber. This is not something you want to fail in performance or practice.
Tim Silver - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Magic-Woodshop/122578214436546

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Visualize Whirled Peas!
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1367 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
AGMagic

I primarily do stage work, so inspection is not a real concern for me because of the way I have it routined. I am working with an experienced craftsman who doesn't skimp on materials, so I'm good on that front. I really like the looks of the Owen chopper, I just may go that route.

I would also like to hear from anyone who has used the Abbott plans.
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
AGMagic
View Profile
Special user
Cailf.
775 Posts

Profile of AGMagic
I sent you a PM.
Tim Silver - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Magic-Woodshop/122578214436546

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Visualize Whirled Peas!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Lester Lake Head Chopper (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL