The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Anyone else fall asleep to Magic Videos? (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
710 Posts

Profile of Vogler
The spectator in Larry Jenning's video is unbelievable!!! She is SO bored. But Jennings is not very enthusiastic either...
Oneleggedwonder
View Profile
New user
Muscle Shoals, AL
18 Posts

Profile of Oneleggedwonder
I go to sleep at church too. Tony Clark had an idea on this he called his 15 second rule or something like that. It's because our brains are no longer trained for live performances.
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Ken Krenzel Old L&L VHS send me to another dimension!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
I think part of the problem is that lectures are very different than performances. Lectures are trick after trick usually created by the same performer whereas performances usually have a very specific order for maximum entertainment. Performances are made primarily for entertainment whereas lectures are primarily for education. Watching six four ace routines in a row may help you decide on and learn some really good routines but after watching two or three they tend to look alike and even, yes, become boring.

I try to limit my watching to only several routines at a time, while I'm taking notes. I'll do this with an entire DVD and then go back afterwards to learn the ideas that interest me. If I feel tired I'll stop and come back another day. I have to keep on reminding myself that I don't need to learn every trick at one sitting.

Sometimes I find that even the most entertaining lectures on DVD can become a distraction when learning the effect. The joke may have been good the first time I heard it but becomes a burden after hearing it the sixth time while trying to learn the actual effect. This is especially true when your hands are all tied up trying to learn a new sleight. You keep on rewinding and have to wait for and listen to the joke all over again until the explanation resumes. I guess there needs a happy medium.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Just ran across this older post...I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets sleepy from Magic videos.
No matter how enthusiastic I am about the trick, I just can't help it! Movies sometimes. too!
Smile
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I keep falling asleep over Joel Bauer's 1st Hustle Hustle VHS tape. I really want to watch all 4.
sleightofhander
View Profile
Special user
618 Posts

Profile of sleightofhander
This thread gave me a much needed laugh . What helps me to stay awake is sitting up in a chair. If I watch magic videos on my lazyboy, forget it.
MrEmagic
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of MrEmagic
This thread is hilarious! Funny to see how many people relate to this 'problem'
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On Nov 9, 2017, Dynamike wrote:
I keep falling asleep over Joel Bauer's 1st Hustle Hustle VHS tape. I really want to watch all 4.

I fell asleep while the tape was loading...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
KazMagic
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of KazMagic
I got kinda drowsy by watching that beginner magic trick video by Rick Lax.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I will give this old thread a bump for the “turkey eating coma” holidays. What new DVD or Download will YOU be falling asleep to this year (now that Black Friday is past and Cyber Monday begins)? I got a ton of new downloads for next to nothing this last weekend.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
ventman
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of ventman
I have for years. Father Cyprian, Jon Tremain and Ken Krenzell are so soothing that I'm out within 15 min. My wife agrees. Tremendous magic, but at night they help me de-stress and drift off. Magician's a.s.m.r. for sure.
perryja32
View Profile
New user
El Paso, TX
9 Posts

Profile of perryja32
Steve Ehlerzzzzzz...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Anyone else fall asleep to Magic Videos? (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL