The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Advice on building a sword temple (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
775 Posts

Profile of 61magic
I'm building a sword temple mostly from Osborne's plans. I have questions about the slots cut to insert the sword into. Hopefully any of you that have built one or more of these can give me some tips.
First off I was thinking on cutting the slots with a plunge router using a spiral bit, is this the best method or what do you use?
Next do you cut the slots with a bevel to allow for the angle of the swords, or do you have a larger slot so the angle doesn't interfere?
Are all the angles on the swords the same or do you have them enter and exit at different angles?
Finally did you create some kind of jig to make the slots standard or do you free hand it?

I have all my mock ups done but the swords are the final part and the plans don't offer much detail, unless there are better plans to work from?
Thanks.
Professor J. P. Fawkes
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Advice on building a sword temple (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL