The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » God is forgiving routine ideas ? (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicgraham
View Profile
Regular user
Mesa Arizona
130 Posts

Profile of magicgraham
Its my turn coming up again to work with the kids at church anyone have a thought on a routine for Gods love is forgiving ? the following verse is the verse for that weekend

Luke 19:1-10New International Version (NIV)

Zacchaeus the Tax Collector
19 Jesus entered Jericho and was passing through. 2 A man was there by the name of Zacchaeus; he was a chief tax collector and was wealthy. 3 He wanted to see who Jesus was, but because he was short he could not see over the crowd. 4 So he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore-fig tree to see him, since Jesus was coming that way.

5 When Jesus reached the spot, he looked up and said to him, “Zacchaeus, come down immediately. I must stay at your house today.” 6 So he came down at once and welcomed him gladly.

7 All the people saw this and began to mutter, “He has gone to be the guest of a sinner.”

8 But Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, “Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount.”

9 Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham. 10 For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
building a horse pen and needs
2630 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
I used to do a "forgiveness" themed Comedy Card in Balloon. I used a blue balloon, a red balloon (the one the card would appear in) and a yellow balloon. You can come up with a fitting story line, but obviously the red balloon represents the blood of Christ.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: Fellowship of Christian Magicians, KIDabra International
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1232 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
(1) I use a torn and restored heart

Each time you sin pull off a piece and say we do it sometimes sin carelessly and other times worry about what the build up of sin is doing to our life

When asked God for forgiveness, ourcsin is removed and the heart is restored

(2) Laflin has an effect using the magic colouring book effect, for around $15 that has three phases - all of the sins leading to deaths, sins cancelled by Jesus, and finally blank pages for we start again

NB - for young children / outreach I talk about the LOVE of Christ, for older children I use the term BLOOD
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Summer and Autumn 2013.
Russo
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of Russo
I've made a color Book effect -when you first flip through - all kinds of sins are printed(with charcole smeered & Dirty) after running a red silk through it -then flipped the pages- ALL BRIGHT WHITE - if you can make a color changing silk that goes from Red(or black) to WHITE - also can make the compus arrow effect that you can open (so the square is actully doubled and folded in half) after saying all the ways we can sin - open the effect and it says "FORGIVEN" -it can also be made to look like a GIFT with the Bow and Ribbon pointed like the Arrow -when opened -"A GREAT GIFT, FORGIVENES"- any help? Ralph (russo)Rousseau - p.s. go to 'search' and enter russo, many effects (plus a few simipersonal messages)
REV BILL
View Profile
Special user
Glen Burnie Maryland
853 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
Soft soap
Specializing in Family Entertainment,Gospel,Comedy and Educational programs for over 30 years.(Order of Merlin)
stempleton
View Profile
Special user
909 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Agree with Bill...soft soap is ideal. I've recently been looking into purchasing Dary'ls Acrobatic Knot because it seems conducive to a routine involving forgiveness (Jesus taking on our sin burden.) Haven't flushed it out yet but hit me one night as I was viewing a demo vid of the product.
Steve Templeton
www.HimpactIllusion.com
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
7670 Posts

Profile of harris
Steve

I've had that thought as well.

My new prop purchases take much much longer these days.
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
magicgraham
View Profile
Regular user
Mesa Arizona
130 Posts

Profile of magicgraham
Some wonderful idea thank you so much such a giving group and your help makes working with these kids so much fun its one year now that I have been a regular performer at the this particular church its been a blessing and a great learning experience
stempleton
View Profile
Special user
909 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:
On Sep 25, 2014, Harris wrote:
Steve

I've had that thought as well.

My new prop purchases take much much longer these days.

Harris, if you're ever interested in collaborating on a routine I'd enjoy the fellowship.
Steve Templeton
www.HimpactIllusion.com
REV BILL
View Profile
Special user
Glen Burnie Maryland
853 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
I am not at home to check the name, but I have another. The one with tear apart bag and the little clothes line and wooden clothes pins. Easier to use. Anyone remember the name?
Specializing in Family Entertainment,Gospel,Comedy and Educational programs for over 30 years.(Order of Merlin)
REV BILL
View Profile
Special user
Glen Burnie Maryland
853 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
I am not at home to check the name, but I have another. The one with tear apart bag and the little clothes line and wooden clothes pins. Easier to use. Anyone remember the name?
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
1784 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
I'd search for my favorite verbal illustrations or stories that communicate God's forgiveness. That's the focus and once you have that, picking a routine to illustrate that presentation should be easy. If you find an analogy you like, post it here and we can all dig into our magic toolbox to find a trick to go with it. You may decide you don't need a trick at all.
"Greetings, my friends. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives. You are interested in the unknown, the mysterious, the unexplainable. That is why you are here." - The Amazing Criswell

One of the great secrets of magic and deception is to make the truth seem too ridiculous to believe.
REV BILL
View Profile
Special user
Glen Burnie Maryland
853 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
The other trick I was referring to above is " Scrub-A-Dub. Great trick. I have had great reactions with it.
Shagbeard
View Profile
New user
Neweverwick
67 Posts

Profile of Shagbeard
Put some black clothes on action figures and use pressure trick to show bondage. Break free from balloon and wash white with water from cup that stays full.
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Veteran user
Colorado Springs, CO
321 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
Scrub-A-Dub is a great effect. I like Greg Phillips version. His comes with the tear-apart bag that has a cross on it to end the routine.
Jamie Doyle

jamiedoyle.com
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Veteran user
Colorado Springs, CO
321 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
You can contact him here:
http://gregphillipsmagic.com
Jamie Doyle

jamiedoyle.com
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
The Bay Area of California
2774 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Use a head chopper and place a kid in it; tell the kids that all people are sinners and the wages of sin is death; push down on the blade and announce that God forgives our sins and we are saved!!!
The children's magic party and magic class, where

Howie Didit performs the tricks and then teaches the kids "Howie Didit".

Ventriloquist & Children’s Magician. My lips are not moving and there are all kinds of tricks up my sleeves

Creator of the RING-A-Ding Gumball Machine, available through your favorite magic dealer that buys from Murphy’s Magic

The west coast dealer for Jeff Jones's Magic backdrops
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
United Kingdom
1483 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On Oct 17, 2014, Howie Diddot wrote:
Use a head chopper and place a kid in it; tell the kids that all people are sinners and the wages of sin is death; push down on the blade and announce that God forgives our sins and we are saved!!!

This is probably the most disturbing post I have ever seen on this forum. The sad part about it is that I believe you are being serious. JR
http://www.comicmagician.com/page_childrens_products.html
http://www.SpiritualStage.com
http://www.ComicMagic.com
Shagbeard
View Profile
New user
Neweverwick
67 Posts

Profile of Shagbeard
That chopper post does not make me feel nor think godly gospel magic.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
2774 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Shagbeard;

You're a new member; you must get used to my sense of humor.

Just because I'm a Christians does not mean I always have to be serious Smile

Ventriloquist & Children’s Magician. My lips are not moving and there are all kinds of tricks up my sleeves

Creator of the RING-A-Ding Gumball Machine, available through your favorite magic dealer that buys from Murphy’s Magic

harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
7670 Posts

Profile of harris
Why did she laugh.

.....fast forward. ...
And the called their son Isaac.

Humor can be wonderful.

As a vent I use the following after Nigel goes over the top ( using the old Bill Boley Ring Announcer / Echo Voice.

Nigel- Forgiveness is divine, sayeth The Lord

Harris - Spare the rod and hate the puppet!
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
United Kingdom
1483 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2014, Howie Diddot wrote:
Shagbeard;

At this moment in history when fanatical fundamentalists are cutting off the heads of others in the name of religeon, I do not find anything amusing about your post Howie. JR
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
7670 Posts

Profile of harris
Sometimes I don't restore the rope or as above the heart.

I use the line I can't

He can

I will let Him (God )
Help me with forgiveness issues
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
Shagbeard
View Profile
New user
Neweverwick
67 Posts

Profile of Shagbeard
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2014, Shagbeard wrote:
Put some black clothes on action figures and use pressure trick to show bondage. Break free from balloon and wash white with water from cup that stays full.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
2774 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2014, Jolly Roger wrote:
Quote:
Shagbeard;

At this moment in history when fanatical fundamentalists are cutting off the heads of others in the name of religeon, I do not find anything amusing about your post Howie. JR

Thank you for your opinion.

In my opinion, I believe you are escalating the comment into an unnecessary issue for a reason beyond my comprehension.

if you choose to further the conversation, please PM me and don't hijack the thread

Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
United Kingdom
1483 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On Oct 19, 2014, Howie Diddot wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2014, Jolly Roger wrote:
Quote:
Shagbeard;

Thank you for your opinion.

In my opinion, I believe you are escalating the comment into an unnecessary issue for a reason beyond my comprehension.

if you choose to further the conversation, please PM me and don't hijack the thread

Howie........I think you need some spiritual enlightenment. I might suggest my new book would be a good start: www.SpiritualStage.com

JR
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » God is forgiving routine ideas ? (5 Likes)
  Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.194616 seconds, requiring 100 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [4] [8] [6] [0] [1] [6] [1] [7]