The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » U.S. Toy Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
727 Posts

Profile of Christopher Moro
Hi,
Has anyone shopped here before? http://ustoymagic.com/

Thanks!
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6550 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Wow, Christopher! I just spent an hour browsing this! Thank you! Great prices!

Doug
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
727 Posts

And they have some books that I can't find anywhere else. Since I had never heard of them I wondered if anyone had experience with them.

Anyone out there care to chime in?
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6550 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I'd like to know, too! Regardless, I'm gonna put in a small order payday. Big company!

Doug
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
727 Posts

I put a small one in as well.
DelMagic
View Profile
Special user
718 Posts

Profile of DelMagic
I've purchased from them without a problem. I've heard they have a very impressive shop in Kansas.
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
727 Posts

Thanks, Del. I just received my order (just two booklets). Delivery was faster than expected. Seems like a good place.
thefliss
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of thefliss
I've used them without incident.
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1614 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
I live about 40 minutes away from US Toy. I have bought items from them when I have gone to the store - for the past 20 years I should say - and consider them a reputable brick and mortar store.
MJE
View Profile
Veteran user
After all these years,I STILL have only
309 Posts

Profile of MJE
I spent a year in Kansas City about 20 years ago and went in here often. I could stock up on slum for kidshows in the toy store and then explore the magic shop. They had stuff there that I'm sure had been there since they opened. There was a top shelf with very old big props (like MAK, but predating MAK) that no one knew the purpose of. Yet, they were for sale! It was almost a museum.

I'm not sure what it's like all these years later, but I'd bet it's still a cool experience. It's easy to get to in Leawood, so if you find yourself around KC, be sure to stop by.
Russ Martin
View Profile
New user
Omaha, Nebraska
76 Posts

Profile of Russ Martin
I lived in Kansas City from 1981 to 2002; US Toy & Magic was one of my favorite stops.

One advantage to being a "walk-in" is that you can take advantage of their "sale" tables. That's how I picked up, among other things, my production box--it was remaindered because the feet had been lost. I picked up a set at an electronics supply house and voila!

If you need odds and ends of geegaws for kids' events, the carnival department is well-stocked.
I feel more like I do now than I did before.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
20863 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I have purchased from U.S. Toy, but the problem is they do not keep up their website at all. Most the books are gone, and I have ordered a book, and not gotten a refund or a notice that the book is not available. Instead they send some other cheap trick no one would buy. A few weeks ago, I just got a list of products from them. Don't know if they are going out of business or what. They do not respond to email inquiries about availability either.

Are they trust worthy? NO! Do they care about their customers? No!

The list they sent was wrong, as I got a revised list the next day. Then only a name, and price given. List is worthless.

Buyer Be Ware!!
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Leatha LaGuardia
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Leatha LaGuardia
U.S Toy Magic is not going out of Business. The list that was sent out was a clearance list. It includes books,pamphlets/lecture notes and over 800 magic items all half off. If anyone is interested in receiving this list message me.
Bill Hegbli I have looked over your order history and I apologize for any and all mistakes we may have made. I don't have any other email history from you other than orders so I am just now becoming aware of this problem. I would like to make it right please email me at llaguardia@ustoyco.com and I will be very happy to have the opportunity to make this right.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » U.S. Toy Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL