The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Return of The Hand of Cleopatra! (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
There have been a few. I recall a finger version, just a finger.
Delimbeau
View Profile
Special user
May the magic be with you
596 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
Probably Weepinwil will appear here soon with an interesting idea...
pieaddict
View Profile
New user
UK
99 Posts

Profile of pieaddict
How abouts Mark Anthony's widget
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I have this version which I'm quite fond of:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2017, Tony Iacoviello wrote:

When I had RNT 2 magic I did 6 "finger only" The fingers were precast as keychains. I removed the fake stone from the finger and purchased Genuine Rubie to replace them.

Shortly after that another Cleopatra's hand showed up on eBay and then another and more after that you could get them from 75.00 to 99.00. They were rip offs and didn't work.
I hope you have permission to make a new version, because the last one that did it, things didn't go well for him. I hope you do as this is a beautiful piece that will withstand the
test of time., a larger size also is a good idea.

Best of luck with this and please let us all know when this comes out.

Mad Jake Jr.
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2017, Mad Jake wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2017, Tony Iacoviello wrote:

When I had RNT 2 magic I did 6 "finger only" The fingers were precast as keychains. I removed the fake stone from the finger and purchased Genuine Rubie to replace them.

Shortly after that another Cleopatra's hand showed up on eBay and then another and more after that you could get them from 75.00 to 99.00. They were rip offs and didn't work.
I hope you have permission to make a new version, because the last one that did it, things didn't go well for him. I hope you do as this is a beautiful piece that will withstand the
test of time., a larger size also is a good idea.

Best of luck with this and please let us all know when this comes out.

Mad Jake Jr.

I believe you misread my post. I was referring to the Fickle Finger of Fate that was on the market 20 years ago.
I never said I was marketing anything.

Tony
Papa Legba
View Profile
Special user
home-an unremarkable spiral arm of an insignificant galaxy
750 Posts

Profile of Papa Legba
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2015, Slim King wrote:
Are there any copyright issues? I love the "Hand" but I never buy unauthorized knock offs. It's just how I was raised and I can't shake it. I'm not sure what legal hoops you must jump through to sell these but you did do that right?

BTW ... loved this link with the reversible name and all ..but it didn't go anywhere...???
http://www.vincewilsonmagic.com/

Slim, I totally 'get' where you're coming from but I think the method is pretty much public domain (i may be wrong, my other half, better known as 'senior management' tells me I frequently am). Hand of Cleopatra reminds me of a game I had as a kid, the 'magic robot' (image attached) It works by first placing the robot in the right hand circle and pointing him at a question, then you move him to the mirrored surface on the right, give him a gentle spin and, he always points at the correct answer.

Thus I cant see any issues regarding the production of a 'hand of Cleopatra' type effect. albeit with a different name, of course.

Click here to view attached image.
Use the FORCE Luke.
View Profile
Elite user
433 Posts

Profile of 13
Very interested in this. Hope someone creates a larger version.
Papa Legba
View Profile
Special user
750 Posts

Profile of Papa Legba
Here is a video of the Magic Robot in action; my earlier pic was poor quality. Not sure why he annoyingly insists on holding the thing in his hand, but you can at least see it in action, Skip forward to 1.30 to by-pass the B.S.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1UljkV5vRQ&t=170s

This thing has real potential imho. A friend is going to 3d print a mage figure for me and, after junking the robot, and reducing the pointing possibilities down to 6, I will probably call it 'The Hand Of Nostradamus'.

I have acquired two Magic Robots and I have routines in mind to...
> - reveal, thought-of cards, Zodiac signs etc. (divined using a P.A, Kioku type methodology or whatever)
> - a 'Room of Doubt' or 'Voice From Another World' type effect in which the image the volunteer eventually lands on is the same image that the robot (Nostradamus) points to.
> - etc. etc....
Use the FORCE Luke.
danieltirado
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of danieltirado
Loveeeee ittttt! Smile
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1279 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
I like the looks of it but was never happy with the action of the hand. It spins round and round, then slows down and then swings back and forth until it settles to a stop. I never saw a roulette wheel do that. That's why I never bought one.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
It builds up tension and suspense as first it seems that it could land on anyone, then as it slows down, it's clear that it is focusing on just one individual. However, if you rig yours up so that just as it comes to a near stop, it suddenly shifts over to the next person nearby, then you get a shock and surprise.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Papa Legba
View Profile
Special user
750 Posts

Profile of Papa Legba
THE HAND OF CLEOPATRA is currently up for grabs on ebay...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/hand-of-cleopat......69.m2942
Use the FORCE Luke.
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2019, art85y wrote:
THE HAND OF CLEOPATRA is currently up for grabs on ebay...

with instructions in German. That rules me out of the bidding.
Bob
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
Haven't slept in weeks - but I now have
769 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
The price tag was the kicker for me
Papa Legba
View Profile
Special user
750 Posts

Profile of Papa Legba
Steep Indeed, £500 is OTT, it will be interesting to see what it eventually sells for.
Use the FORCE Luke.
Sean
View Profile
Loyal user
No Cal
205 Posts

Profile of Sean
I can say that I purchased a Hand of Cleopatra with no box and no (original) instructions recently from a magic collectables site for less than half of what this seller is asking.

And since I've spoken up, does anyone have any leads for routines other than what's in Capricorn Tales and Grymoire for Brother Bruce?
Papa Legba
View Profile
Special user
750 Posts

Profile of Papa Legba
Hi Sean, yes indeed, I reckon £250 is the sensible upper limit of what it's worth.
I made a couple of suggestions on routines earlier in the thread.

Here's a thought that just popped into my head (so its probably BS). Imagine an occult kind of Killer Elite with say 6 demons or deities. A volunteer tests themselves to see if they have the vision (occult prowess) to discern the most powerful in a battle to the death. After they have chosen, Cleopatra naturally agrees with their choice. (or, if you want to do a force, she could do her pointing thing prior to the selection and reveal it after the selection). Sorry if this is all C**p, had a long day with 7 hours driving, time for some serious ZZZZZs.
Use the FORCE Luke.
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1545 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
If I’m not mistaken, I do believe it is in one of Punx's books.

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
Papa Legba
View Profile
Special user
750 Posts

Profile of Papa Legba
Thanks Rick, high time I sampled some of Punx's output.
Use the FORCE Luke.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Return of The Hand of Cleopatra! (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL