The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Sefalajia Modernized (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
I have always been fascinated by Stewart James' Sefalaljia cabinet...it is probably one of the most amazing effects in magic and is portable. I just finished this up for a customer, I added some features of my own which would have not been possible in James' time in 1939 and I omitted the cord or rope tie with the ring ( too much fumbling ) and added my own sequence. All was built by myself from the ground up...Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjZ8s1Wq-rI

Chuck Caputo Smile
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Really well done Chuck! My favorite part was the chalkboard. The smooth action caught me off guard. It looked, well, absolutely magical.

I did have an issue with the light bulb however. When it adheres to the top of the box, it screams "magnet," which draws suspicion to the entire prop.

Another fun show to watch...thank you.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
Thanks, Point well taken. This came across my mind, I actually included a short/square dowel for the buyer which attaches to the inside of lid with a hook, the lightbulb also is supplied with a thin white lenth of short rope which alternately you can tie the end of bulb to the hook. For the video I used the alternate method and did not want to fumble too much.

I am also working on a few additions such as an ashtray which a cigar is placed onto and the cigar smokes on its own and a mini picture frame which falls over. This is really limited by a persons imagination. I believe the technology is there to take this into the 21st century.

Chuck
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Sefalajia Modernized (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL