The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » A simple poll (52 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Zipposrsa
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Zipposrsa
Not sure if you are still polling - Mnemonica (I am guily of being a Tamariz fan though)
8 days a week !
rapmr
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of rapmr
Mnemonica (learning stages)
Geeraff12
View Profile
New user
Tasmania, Australia
74 Posts

Profile of Geeraff12
Mnemonica, NDO, Stebbins 3 C, own.
Ferry Gerats
View Profile
Regular user
the Netherlands
190 Posts

Profile of Ferry Gerats
My own stack
RiderBacks
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of RiderBacks
The only stack I know is the Aronson. Not sure I want to vote, though, I'm happy with the research I did before picking the Aronson stack. And since I've learned it, I thought I might as well comment. Still working on speeding up recall. It'll probably be another two months before I start getting serious with it. At this point, if you give me one to two minutes, I can write down every card at its proper position, but that's not quite enough.
H2Odesign
View Profile
Regular user
the Armpit of the Panhandle
193 Posts

Profile of H2Odesign
Aronson all the way (although I'm finally getting down to learning Mnemonica)
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1478 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
Mnemonica
Si Stebbins (for one trick, that can't be done with a memorized deck)
Chano
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Chano
I use Osterlind's BCS.
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Isis
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
ymumagic
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of ymumagic
Mnemonica only
Duoquadragesimus
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Duoquadragesimus
I love Mnemonica, but I also use regular Si Stebbins occasionally.
marc_carrion
View Profile
Special user
638 Posts

Profile of marc_carrion
Mnemonica and Si Stebbins here too
IMAGINACIAN
View Profile
Special user
In Your Thots
558 Posts

Profile of IMAGINACIAN
Is stack magic not so popular ? Anyone seeing this thread may have to believe so. Out of over 60k Café members, only about 100 respond about their stacks - that too in about 2 years. Or am I missing something ? However, this thread is a great effort.

I have been with 8 Kings & Stebbins all these years. But now trying to look around and pick up another one.
There is no better freedom than choice and no better choice than freedom.
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
The current, updated totals so far:

Mnemonica 35
Aronson 23
Si Stebbins (any variation, but usually 3 CHSD) 25

BCS 11

Joyal Stack 5
NDO 6
Woody Aragon's Stack 4
Stay Stack 4 (all variations, not sure how to group this)
8Ks 5
QuickerStack 4

STB 3
Own Stack (not public) 6
Nikola 2
DAO 2
Kindergarten Stack 2

Greg Chapman's Stack 1
Luke Jermay's Story Deck 1
Zenith Zener Symbol Stack 1
Maigret Stack 1
Robinr's Stack 1
Shadow Stack 1
Isis Stack 2
misamagic
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of misamagic
Joyal Stack (CHaSeD)
Just a beginner.
blurrylines
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of blurrylines
Aronson
M. Tesla
View Profile
Regular user
Coral Springs, Florida
154 Posts

Profile of M. Tesla
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2016, doriancaudal wrote:
Isis

Isn't that a terrorist stack? Smile
While the amount of water has remained static, the amount of Tequila and Triple Sec available for making Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all. ~Anonymous
carlyle
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of carlyle
Si Stebbins, in CHaSeD order. I only use it for a couple of tricks, but after learning how to determine the position of any card named, it's become kind of a fun thing to practice. Not that it'll ever be automatic (the math's not that hard, but still requires too much thought for me at the moment). Learning another stack would probably be easier in the long run (and much handier for more effects, probably).

For a control, I've been working on ideas using a partial stack (say the clubs in order from king to ace). Not sure it counts as a stack per se, but it's fun working out the different possibilities. It's also been very good practice at estimation and false cuts/shuffles. Particularly for estimation - I've been wanting to get the stack down to perhaps five or six cards, then you could almost do it impromptu. Or alternatively, learn to memorize the bottom five or six cards in a shuffled deck in order - but that's for some other time. It seems difficult enough, but utterly confusing when I actually try to practice it more than a couple of times in a row.
RDeNatale
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of RDeNatale
I'm learning Mnemonica.

I'm curious, I think I saw one or two replies saying they had memorized a sequential stack like BCS or Si Stebbins. Do people really do this?

To me, memorizing a stack means that you know the location of each card and can quickly retrieve the card for any location, or the location for any card,

Sequences let you given a card, determine the next, and with varying difficulty, the previous card. They trade off the need to memorize the stack or some mental calculation. Si Stebbins and Eight Kings are based on simple calculations, but the color and value patterns make them seem fishy. BCS addresses this at the cost of a more complex calculation to go forward in the sequence, and an even more complicated calculation to go backwards.
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
There are some who memorize those stacks. I know a few who have memorized Si Stebbins as a memorized deck. The benefit to this is that you retain all the properties of the rosary stack and the unique "built-in" effects that use the Si Stebbins pattern (e.g. Up the Ante immediately comes to mind), as well as the ability to very quickly shuffle into it from NDO. The cons of a Si Stebbins stack also remain, however. After experimenting with a few different stacks and for many individual reasons, I settled with Mnemonica, personally.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » A simple poll (52 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL