The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Where to buy Londono mouth coils (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Smile Smile Smile
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
Of course they don't disagree - wholesalers will sell to anyone - loyalty to dealers is non existent -- retail license or not..its unfortunate - there was a time when you had to go to a dealer to purchase -
Rick Fisher, President FAB Magic

"One of the largest magic shops in the world!"

www.fabmagic.com
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
I think it's wonderful!
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2015, Dynamike wrote:
:applause: Smile Smile

Be nice Mike Smile
"Keep the Kids Laughing!"
https://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/store
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2015, dearwiseone wrote:
The term wholesale refers to quantity, not intent.

Actually, when it comes to use of the term pertaining to merchandise, it does refer to the the intent to be resold.

Quote:
Wholesalers don't care if my intent is to use the item for myself or resell it, they just want me to meet their minimum selling amounts. When I buy mouth coils, I buy 500 at a time. That's wholesale!

Every wholesale I have purchased from does ensure I have a retail lisence prior to setting up my account. There is no way for them to ensure that I retail every item I purchase, only that I meet there minimum purchase requirements.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
This could be Taxing to some folks.

Harris.
Still too old to know it all
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Quote:
On Jan 31, 2015, charliecheckers wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2015, dearwiseone wrote:
The term wholesale refers to quantity, not intent.

Actually, when it comes to use of the term pertaining to merchandise, it does refer to the the intent to be resold.

Quote:
Wholesalers don't care if my intent is to use the item for myself or resell it, they just want me to meet their minimum selling amounts. When I buy mouth coils, I buy 500 at a time. That's wholesale!

Every wholesale I have purchased from does ensure I have a retail lisence prior to setting up my account. There is no way for them to ensure that I retail every item I purchase, only that I meet there minimum purchase requirements.

Not always, it depends on the wholesaler. Here in Oregon, for example, we don't have "retail licenses." Wholesale for many online retailers actually refers to quantity, not intent to be resold. Of course, I only deal with about 4 wholesalers online, so this is just my experience with magic and novelty dealers. In other businesses it might be different.

Hope that helps!
Kevin
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
For years I used to buy mouth coils retail. Then I went to the source (Dave Cresey) and he sold them to me wholesale. Now I get them from Robbins wholesale. I use a LOT of them. I don't have a license.
"Keep the Kids Laughing!"
https://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/store
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On Jan 31, 2015, TommyJ wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2015, Dynamike wrote:
:applause: Smile Smile

Be nice Mike Smile

Psssss, Tommy. How am I doing? Smile
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2394 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
FYI D. Robbins just informed me that they haven't received an order from Londono in over a year and suspects they are out of business. Cressey and Londono out of business. Wow.

Furthermore, I decided I don't like the Amyz coils. The plastic actually cut my mouth.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2015, Ken Northridge wrote:
Cressey and Londono out of business. Wow.

I think that John Reid is still running Cresey.com and is still selling some stock. He seemed to indicate that their stock is dwindling, and they might not make more (of certain products), in a recent post on Facebook.

https://www.cresey.com/

https://www.facebook.com/creseyproducts

Did he tell you different in person at Kapital Kidvention, Ken?

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Londono, is he even still alive. Londono was use to sell only through Tannen's, I speaking back in the 1970's and 1980's. He had many magic creations he sold through them.

Just checked and Tannen's does not list any of the Londono products on their website.
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2394 Posts

Quote:
On Feb 26, 2015, Donald Dunphy wrote:
Quote:

I think that John Reid is still running Cresey.com and is still selling some stock. He seemed to indicate that their stock is dwindling, and they might not make more (of certain products), in a recent post on Facebook.

- Donald

Yes, perhaps I jumped the gun. Cressey is not out of business but will not be making anymore multi-color which I would imagine is a large percentage of the business.
www.KenNorthridge.com
A Show By Joe
View Profile
Elite user
Long Island
408 Posts

Profile of A Show By Joe
John Reid owns "Tricky Business" here on Long Island. He is a super great guy. It is true, he is selling off his stock. His store is only open 2 days a week now. It is a shame, but I guess that is what happens when people rather shop on line.
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
Londono is NOT out of business! We buy from them regularly - all of their products are top notch - mouth coils are the best - and you cannot beat the price!
Rick Fisher, President FAB Magic

"One of the largest magic shops in the world!"

www.fabmagic.com
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2394 Posts

Any updates on this product? I bought some Londono mouth coils from fabmagic but they were Londondo 'style' mouth coils. There weren't bad but don't pack as flat as the original Londono.
www.KenNorthridge.com
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2015, Donald Dunphy wrote:
Quote:

- Donald

Just an update on the availability of Cresey coils, as of Spring 2016.

John Reid (who owns Cresey Magic) said in a recent Facebook post, on the Cresey Products page, that they still have lots of inventory of Cresey products, including mouth coils. They just stopped making new ones. Click the link to his Facebook page, and read his April 7/2016 post.

And as far as I know, he's not selling them wholesale.

I stocked up on a dozen packs of jumbo coils last year, paying retail price.

- Donald
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2394 Posts

Thanks Donald.

Brad Toulouse graciously posted a 3 part tutorial on SME Talk Magic about making your own mouth coils. I took the challenge and its been working well. However, it is time consuming and I'd rather just buy the old Londono coils. Lonondo coils were smaller...and more economical, which makes a difference when you do a lot of shows.
www.KenNorthridge.com
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Thanks for the response, Ken.

My post wasn't really meant to be directed at you specifically, so I apologize if I came across that way.

I was just trying to offer information for everyone, about the Cresey Mouth Coils product line.

- Donald
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Hi every1,

whats the difference about Londono ones? don't know this one... only used Cresey and Bazar de Magia.

Im looking for the 50' ones, until now the bazar magia are the ones I used - for me a little big... are the Londono ones smaller, compact?

Thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Where to buy Londono mouth coils (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL