The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A turn of the page » » Why is there no definitive Channing Pollock biography? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1268 Posts

Profile of Anatole
Four of the prized books in my magic library are:
_Cardini: The Suave Deceiver_ by John Fisher
_Roy Benson by Starlight_ by Levent and Todd Karr
_Del Ray: America's Foremost_ by John Moehring
_Kodell Do Something Different_ by Jack Kodell

The biography that I'm waiting for is a definitive biography of Channing Pollock.

_MAGIC Magazine_ called Cardini "The Most Imitated Magician in the World"
That may be true, but then Channing Pollock must be "the second most imitated magician in the world"

The Malcom Farrer-Brown thesis on Channing Pollock that was written for admission to The Magic Circle is a great first effort at a biography of Pollock. But that had limited circulation in the magic community and only whet my appetite for a more in-depth study of the man and his art. I wish Farrer-Brown would expand that thesis into a full biography and accompanying DVD. IIRC, he did show some video of Pollock when he presented his thesis. The DVD could include Pollock's _European Nights_ appearance and the appearances on "The Ed Sullivan Show," "Hollywood Palace," "Daniel Boone" and the brief cameo in "The Rogues."

I know there is the question of obtaining rights to those clips. But the DVD in the Jack Kodell biography managed to include some excerpts from Jack's appearance on Sullivan. And youtube has many clips of Channing Pollock from various sources. I feel a biography of Pollock is long overdue.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A turn of the page » » Why is there no definitive Channing Pollock biography? (0 Likes)
  Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.027337 seconds, requiring 12 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [5] [8] [9] [0] [2] [8] [7] [9]