The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » Access to M-U-M Online (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mindpirate
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Virginia
109 Posts

Profile of mindpirate
Hi everyone. Maybe someone here can help me. I have reached out to Manon but have not had any luck. When I log into the SAM website I am unable to get to the M-U-M. I have tried from multiple browsers and multiple computers. Everytime I login everything seems to be fine until I try to access the magazine, the video library, or downloads and docs I get the following message.

Membership Required

In order to see the rest of the website, you must be a member of The Society of American Magicians. Login by clicking on Member Login on the top right corner.

As far as I can tell I am logged in because I can get to other parts of the website.

Manon previously told me to reset cookies and cache, and I did that without success. I have reached out to her several times since then, but have not heard back from her.
~MindPirate~
www.magicofben.com

It can not be...and yet...it can

- Tommy Wonder
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
700 Posts

Profile of Snidini
I too am having the same problem Mindpirate. Hope they can get it fixed soon. Glad I'm not the only one thinking it may be something I was doing wrong.
weidhaas
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of weidhaas
I am able to get on. Try this - login from the top right login button. The click the Members Home button - you should see Ice. From there, use the side navigation panel and chose M-U-M Magazine.

Any problems, Manon or the on-line trouble shooting form are your best bets.
Taterini
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of Taterini
I have sort of the same situation going on.....
I can log in and gain access to the site but it will not allow me into the Members Home area. When I click the Members Home button it keeps taking me to an area that says membership required and asks me to fill out a trouble logging in form to contact them.
I contacted Manon and he replied that there are several people experiencing trouble logging into the site or can log in but cannot gain access to anything else past that point.... been going on about a for a few weeks now. He said in his last reply that he would contact me as soon as a solution was found and referred to it as a "real head scratcher".
mindpirate
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Virginia
109 Posts

Profile of mindpirate
I'm happy to hear I'm not the only person having trouble. I woyld really like to read my Mum.
~MindPirate~
www.magicofben.com

- Tommy Wonder
Taterini
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of Taterini
UPDATE !!
Manon got me squared away yesterday and I'm now able to get on and surf the entire site.
If you cannot access it please contact Manon through the contact section that it kicks you over to if it will not let you sign in and he will get it taken care of. It might take him a few tries but he does not give up until he gets it done!!
weidhaas
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of weidhaas
Great to hear! By the way, make sure you check out the August M-U-M - it has a feature article about Manon, and you will discover that "he" is a "she" - and one of our hardest workers!

Mark Weidhaas, PNP
SAM Conference Executive
Taterini
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of Taterini
Weidhaas -
That's some good information to have... Smile
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1383 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
I'm still having no luck signing on. I've tried to reset my password, with no success. Mark....if you can pull a couple of strings, I'd appreciate your help.
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
mindpirate
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Virginia
109 Posts

Profile of mindpirate
I logged in today. I was able to see the January issue of MUM, but not the prior issues. I have not heard anything from Manon yet.
~MindPirate~
www.magicofben.com

- Tommy Wonder
weidhaas
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of weidhaas
Please write directly to our Technology Chair, Bruce Kalver at SAMtalkBruce@cox.net

If you can view the January MUM, you are OK. The MUM's are divided by year, so you are looking at 2015. There is a tab at the left that has the 2014, 2013, etc. years that you have to drop down and pick.

For logging in, this is what I do:
1. I click "member login" in top right white letters.
2. I input my name and password
3. I click "Members Home" in upper right black letters.
4. You are at the President's Message page and have all the drop down buttons along the left to navigate.

Hope this helps. By the way, I don't think the SAM officers monitor this site very much. If you have questions, ask them on the SAM Official Members Facebook page, SAMtalk, or email your Deputy, RVP, Manon or even Kenrick Ice McDonald. You are sure to get quicker response there.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » Access to M-U-M Online (0 Likes)
  Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2015 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.064852 seconds, requiring 38 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [8] [0] [4] [2] [6] [3] [1] [6]