We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Pop Haydn Teleportation Devices (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1594 Posts

Profile of randirain
Very nice, but you're going to have to change a line... Radio Shack doesn't exist any more.

Randi
lnlver
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of lnlver
Quote:
Very nice, but you're going to have to change a line... Radio Shack doesn't exist any more.

You mean I can't get any more free batteries each month?
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3021 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
I usually say "Fry's"--I get a little timey-wimey sometimes. I missed several great lines because I was a bit distracted by the camera over my right shoulder and the antennae was broken and not working right. It was a great audience, and they seemed to have a good time anyway. It is a fun routine to do.
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1594 Posts

Profile of randirain
I stole a line from the Simpsons... "And that guy at Radio Shack said I was crazy!" I can't use that gem any more either, and that was gold.

Randi
DaleTrueman
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
298 Posts

Profile of DaleTrueman
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2018, imgic wrote:
Lol...if I could cacluate loads and draw diagram, I’d be able to figure it out.

I have sound and light on their one circuit with AA batteries powering them.

My problem is the nichrome wire. I think I had too thick gauge and too long of a loop. I shoterned it up. Will take a picture and post this weekend.

How did you go? When I made mine the instructions didn't include which gauge wire to use so I bought a thin gauge and ended up twisting three pieces together...
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3021 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
DaleTrueman
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
298 Posts

Profile of DaleTrueman
Quote:
On May 20, 2017, GS121002 wrote:
Quote:
On May 19, 2017, DaleTrueman wrote:
Poor health has prevented me from making any more devices or performing much for a while, but I have high hopes for later this year.

I am so sorry to hear that Dale. Please take care of yourself. At 71 years old, I live with that fear too.

Thanks, things got rather dodgy there for a while, wasn't sure I would ever perform magic or make anything ever again. But I am mostly back on my feet and have some performances lined up. Unfortunately the only one where I would have a chance to do my teleportation routine has a strict no flame, no smoke policy... grrrrrr

Here is my new teleportation device....

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9odcvmvUGZv6WeU99

It's a fairly different routine to Pop's but uses pretty much the same technique the whole way. Instead of dollar bills I will force a song name on a piece of paper and then put it in the "self designed wifi connector aerial". The idea is that whilst converting my guitar to wireless with stuff I bought at Jaycar (same as Radioshack) I realised I could use the aerial to also hold a song list or lyrics and then discovered that when certain songs reach certain points something very interesting happens.

I think this may be the worlds only Twin Neck Flying V Bass Guitar/Ukulele Teleportation Device. Please correct me if I am wrong.
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1594 Posts

Profile of randirain
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2018, DaleTrueman wrote:

Your new device looks like a double neck four string bass and four string guitar.

Randi
DaleTrueman
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
298 Posts

Profile of DaleTrueman
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2018, randirain wrote:
Quote:

Your new device looks like a double neck four string bass and four string guitar.

Randi

Yep, that's what it is.
DaleTrueman
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
298 Posts

Profile of DaleTrueman
Quote:
On Aug 25, 2018, Pop Haydn wrote:
Aug 2018 performance in Hollywood:

Finally got to watch this.

Brilliant as always!

Cheers

Loved your podcast interview the other day as well. Good information on the backstory.
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1594 Posts

Profile of randirain
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2018, DaleTrueman wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2018, randirain wrote:
Quote:

Randi

Yep, that's what it is.

Oh.. Wow.. I thought you posted the wrong link... I didn't even see that last part...
Very interesting. I'd like to see that.
I built a four string guitar myself. It's the style of a telecaster, but by mistake, I made a stratocaster neck.

Also...
I always made the teleporters with glow plugs. I found this circuit that I now use instead.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/DC3-5V-D......4dgItTrB
It works way better than a glow plug.

Randi
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Pop Haydn Teleportation Devices (18 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL