The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Battery-operated electromagnets? (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
friend2cptsolo
View Profile
Elite user
Spent all this time on the Cafe' and all I have to show for it is
445 Posts

Profile of friend2cptsolo
Yes look at ANVERDI's post.....
an 1 and 1/2 is A LOT to get the magnetic pull to go through..... thin that down....
wood will make that magnetic effect almost null....unless it was just SO over the top strong to counter that...
I have a little coil magnet EMBEDDED in a table
I got it in there using a router and some hand chisels..... take the layers of wood off slowly....keep checking your depth as you progress into the wood.....
Tap Roniart
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Tap Roniart
Quote:
On Nov 9, 2017, friend2cptsolo wrote:
...take the layers of wood off slowly....keep checking your depth as you progress into the wood.....

If you're worried about going too far in, go all the way through, then back off a little... Smile
Tap Roniart

# PM me your effects looking for a method!
# Please excuse any spelling or grammatical errors-especially ideas that end up being awful-as I am on cell.
# Mods: I only break site rules that the "inner circle" themselves break.
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
Here is an example of what I am talking about. I hand wound my own coil, hooked it to a power source and a receiver...it is activared via remote. I channeled out the interior frame of the pad proper until the coil was basically just below the velvet covering surface. I got enough power to flip a shim card, light a bulb, etc.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fxKU51J89Z8

Chuck
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Battery-operated electromagnets? (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL