The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Stage filler and stage dressing (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

QuailCreek
View Profile
Veteran user
McKenna, WA
388 Posts

Profile of QuailCreek
Thought I’d post this link. If you need non-magic stage filler or stage dressing for your act this place might have something you could use. With some paint or minor changes you could find something here that might work for you. As these are meant for trade shows I’m thinking they would also come with road cases. They also have used cases for sale.

http://www.usedbooths.com
Regards,
Silverthorne
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
The pop up trade show displays are much like a spider backdrop at a much cheaper cost. I have been using them for years for wing dressing or backdrop supports. With companies not doing as many trade shows these displays are cheap on eBay. You can pick up a a 10' x 10' framework for under $200.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
QuailCreek
View Profile
Veteran user
McKenna, WA
388 Posts

Profile of QuailCreek
Thanks, Richard. Good input. I'm sure there are better prices around but I just thought this was an interesting place to look.
Regards,
Silverthorne
MagicRhett
View Profile
New user
Cumberland, MD
54 Posts

Profile of MagicRhett
Cool site. Thanks!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
The late Neil Foster, in his school assembly show used two large, opened, oriental parasols, downstage, left and right, to provide flash. He had a Jimmy Trimble backdrop screen, up center. Most of the working props were in a "tray" (the bottom half of a "telescope" which was on a small table.

Especially when working on a gym floor, the parasols helped "mark" the "proscenium", and "framed" the show.

The late De Yip Loo, when I saw him do his school show in 1954, borrowed two chairs and tossed a 36" rainbow silk on the chair backs. It accomplished the same thing as Neil's parasols. The silks were never "used" in the show, they just provided flash and marked the proscenium.

Loo used a John Shirley table, that was sold by Magic Inc. Upstage center of the Shirley table, two borrowed chairs supported the bottom of a telescope. As Loo worked, he placed the prop into the telescope behind him. When he finished, he placed his Mandarin robe on top of the props, replaced the lid of the 'scope, and walked out. IIRC, Loo's only set up props were the Rice Bowls, and the Big Egg Bag. (His Rice Bowls were HILARIOUS!!!!!)

I "borrowed" Neil, and Loo's idea. I placed two chairs down left and right, and had two 36" silks on the backs. BUT! I "improved" (???) Loo's idea! I used those silks to produce a rabbit for my finish.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Stage filler and stage dressing (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL