The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Paranormal Activity Reported January 9th 1929 (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17132 Posts

Profile of Slim King
A few mostly New York Headlines from January 9th 1929 .. Also reflected around the world.

SCIENTISTS SUPPORT CLAIM ON HOUDINI'S SPIRIT MESSAGE
New York Register

HOUDINI GIVES IMMORTALITY "SIGN"
Cleveland Plain Dealer

HOUDINI "SENDS FROM GRAVE" THE WORD HE PROMISED WIFE
New York World

HOUDINI SPEAKS FROM GRAVE TO AID SPIRITISM
New York Daily News

There are dozens of others, but you get the drift.

It is beyond doubt that the CODE was revealed the day before and acknowledge by everyone involved at the Seance conducted by Arthur Ford.

Why has this been so suppressed ......?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1740 Posts

Profile of 0pus
Conspiracy?

Randi?
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17132 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Well guys .. I'm not just hurling the headlines .. These are REAL HEADLINES.....
A real story that after 26 months of death, Harry Houdini reveals the secret coded message as planned. Bess verifies it too!!!! How did they bury this so deep that I didn't see it until I was 60 years old???
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1740 Posts

Profile of 0pus
Maybe it was you who were buried. Headlines are headlines. Not really buried.
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Only Slim could say that something was in the headlines of four major papers plus dozens of others and "reflected around the world" and then ask why it has been suppressed.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
754 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Slim, how many headlines do you think you could find that attack in Benghazi was because of a youtube video.


Headlines report what they've been told, not necessarily the truth. Get over it.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4573 Posts

Profile of Payne
Yup Slim, it's been buried so deep that it is in almost every biography about Houdini that I've read. It's refered to as the Arthur ford hoax. you can read a summary of it here http://www.geniimagazine.com/magicpedia/The_Houdini_Code
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3501 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2015, Slim King wrote:
These are REAL HEADLINES . . . .

DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4575 Posts

Profile of landmark
Now, this is a headline:

Image
"I use my five illusions to create the sense I'm useful to six."



You can read my daily blog at Musings, Memories, and Magic
R.S.
View Profile
Veteran user
CT one day I'll have
391 Posts

Profile of R.S.
HILLARY CLINTON ADOPTS ALIEN BABY!
Weekly World News

BIGFOOT KEPT LUMBERJACK AS LOVE SLAVE!
National Enquirer

TITANIC SURVIVORS FOUND ALIVE ONBOARD!
Weekly World News

ABRAHAM LINCOLN WAS A WOMAN!
National Enquirer


These are also real headlines.

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19095 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Dude I KNEW that Lumberjack thank you very much.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Uh, I think Slim wanted to have a serious conversation. You guys are just being rude.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
R.S.
View Profile
Veteran user
CT one day I'll have
391 Posts

Profile of R.S.
You mean, a conversation where he doesn't say "ROTFLMAO" at least a dozen times?

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2015, R.S. wrote:
You mean, a conversation where he doesn't say "ROTFLMAO" at least a dozen times?

Ron


good one Ron, now I am doing it "ROTFLMAO"
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17132 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2015, Payne wrote:
Yup Slim, it's been buried so deep that it is in almost every biography about Houdini that I've read. It's refered to as the Arthur ford hoax. you can read a summary of it here http://www.geniimagazine.com/magicpedia/The_Houdini_Code

You've proven my point!!!
Quoting the New York Graphic ..referred to as the (PornGraphic) by New Yorkers is like quoeting the National Enquirer or the Onion.. It was a joke paper.
None of the traditional papers said anything like that.... In fact I dare you to find the reporter who they quote ... She was caught in Fraud, changed her name and left town .. The newspaper collapsed under $11 million in lawsuits .. hardly a reputable rag.
I've shown the truth.. I quoted the reputable papers of New York.... just saying you've debunked it proves nothing .. debunk it if you can .. With real facts. Smile

All so called debunkers refer to the Graphic only .... Like using the National enquirer to prove your point ...for 85 years...
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Randwill
There is already a 12 page thread on this topic in which Slim says the same things repeatedly in the Penny for Your Thoughts section.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4573 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2015, Slim King wrote:

debunk it if you can .. With real facts. Smile



From an article on the matter written by Alvin Richard Plough published in the October 1956 edition of "The Linking Ring"

Quote:

Immediately after the Ford séance broke, Mrs. Houdini was contacted by Bernard B. M. Ernst, a prominent attorney, then President of the Society of American Magicians and Harry Houdini's personal attorney.

His first words to her were "Harry would roll over in his grave if he knew what you did."

She had already admitted to Mr. Ernst that she had supplied the code to Ford and after all the publicity he was to go on a lecture tour and she was to share in the profits.

Ford also admitted this was the fact in his interview with Rea Jaure.

Ernst, Theo. Hardeen, Houdini's brother, and several close magician friends of Houdini, decided something must be done to straighten out Beatrice, so they engaged a personal manager to handle her affairs, one Edward Saint, who remained in that capacity until her death.



So not only did Bess admit her culpability in the fraud, Arthur Ford himself did so as well. This is believed to be the reason he never pursued the matter further nor tried to claim the prize money.

Dunninger even got involved in the scandal

Quote:

As soon as Joseph Dunninger read the glaring accounts in the newspaper he contacted Mrs. Houdini and she admitted to him that the code
message delivered by Ford had been mentioned in a book published by Harcourt, Bruce and Company, entitled Houdini and His Life Story.
This book had been published a year before the seance was held.

Immediately thereafter, Dunninger, as Chairman of Science and Invention Research Society, challenged Arthur Ford. The challenge which
appeared in most of the New York and Brooklyn dailies read in part:

Quote:
"If Ford has secured this message by any spiritual communication with the late Houdini, it would, to my thinking, be a simple matter for him to further, as well as for his spiritual reputation, read a sealed letter I have in my possession, which was written and addressed to me by Houdini. If his work is genuine and sincere, as he claims it to be, I am sure he would have no objection to
accept this challenge and collect $21,000 for his time and trouble".



Mr. Ford did not accept the challenge.

During the interview with Ford the girl reporter, Rea Jaure, asked him: "What are you going to do about the Dunninger challenge?"

To which Ford replied: "Oh, that is simple. I can always say that the 'spirits do not come through' ".



So it appears your claim has been Debunked with facts and has been for years and years and years.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3501 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2015, Slim King wrote:
With real facts.

What other kinds of facts are there?
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17132 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2015, Payne wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2015, Slim King wrote:

debunk it if you can .. With real facts. Smile



From an article on the matter written by Alvin Richard Plough published in the October 1956 edition of "The Linking Ring"

Quote:

Immediately after the Ford séance broke, Mrs. Houdini was contacted by Bernard B. M. Ernst, a prominent attorney, then President of the Society of American Magicians and Harry Houdini's personal attorney.

His first words to her were "Harry would roll over in his grave if he knew what you did."

She had already admitted to Mr. Ernst that she had supplied the code to Ford and after all the publicity he was to go on a lecture tour and she was to share in the profits.

Ford also admitted this was the fact in his interview with Rea Jaure.

Ernst, Theo. Hardeen, Houdini's brother, and several close magician friends of Houdini, decided something must be done to straighten out Beatrice, so they engaged a personal manager to handle her affairs, one Edward Saint, who remained in that capacity until her death.



So not only did Bess admit her culpability in the fraud, Arthur Ford himself did so as well. This is believed to be the reason he never pursued the matter further nor tried to claim the prize money.

Dunninger even got involved in the scandal

Quote:

As soon as Joseph Dunninger read the glaring accounts in the newspaper he contacted Mrs. Houdini and she admitted to him that the code
message delivered by Ford had been mentioned in a book published by Harcourt, Bruce and Company, entitled Houdini and His Life Story.
This book had been published a year before the seance was held.

Immediately thereafter, Dunninger, as Chairman of Science and Invention Research Society, challenged Arthur Ford. The challenge which
appeared in most of the New York and Brooklyn dailies read in part:

Quote:
"If Ford has secured this message by any spiritual communication with the late Houdini, it would, to my thinking, be a simple matter for him to further, as well as for his spiritual reputation, read a sealed letter I have in my possession, which was written and addressed to me by Houdini. If his work is genuine and sincere, as he claims it to be, I am sure he would have no objection to
accept this challenge and collect $21,000 for his time and trouble".



Mr. Ford did not accept the challenge.

During the interview with Ford the girl reporter, Rea Jaure, asked him: "What are you going to do about the Dunninger challenge?"

To which Ford replied: "Oh, that is simple. I can always say that the 'spirits do not come through' ".



So it appears your claim has been Debunked with facts and has been for years and years and years.

Rea Jaure is the fraud who changed her name a fled New York after they discovered her HOAX .. She worked for the National EnqUirer of the day .. The (Porno) GraphiC .. Yellow journalism at it's finest .. they boasted ..
'90% entertainment and 10% fact"

You are qouating the ONION of 1929 ..ROTFLMAO
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Graphic


You guys will believe anything!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17132 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I'll keep giving you rope as you keep quoting the NY Graphic .... just hilarious!!!!!

It's like quoting the ONION as fact!!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Paranormal Activity Reported January 9th 1929 (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL