The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Spiritualist Debates THURSTON at Carnegie Hall..WINS (45 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..17~18~19 [Next]
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Arthur Ford (Yes, the man who broke the Houdini code) thumped the world famous magician THURSTON in a $10,000 debate at Carnegie Hall! Eventually Thurston converts to the spiritual outlook.......
http://www.victorzammit.com/articles/Thurston.htm

http://www.survivalafterdeath.info/articles/ford/houdini.htm
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Give it up
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Ha ha ha ha .. Looks like the facts are on my side again! The story just keeps getting better and better. The radio show today was great and I've been invited back to discuss the paranormal again. However, I didn't get to mention this wonderful story of how the Houdini Code breaker also defeated the Great Magician Thurston in a debate at Carnegie hall in 1927.
I'll be sure to get around to it next time and I'll include it in my next presentation on a forthcoming show. It seems a lot of things have been suppressed and it's time to let the truth be told!

http://www.wildabouthoudini.com/2010/11/......lly.html

BTW .. I've ordered the Steinmeyer book that has much more of this information too. It's always good to go to a solid source!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
You sound more like Frank Pickle with every post.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I once saw a creationist "win" a debate against an evolutionary biologist. Fortunately, facts are not dependent upon who "win" debates any more than they are subject to popular vote.

Nor are they proven by adding exclamation points at the end of sentences.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Did 97% agree?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2015, tommy wrote:
Did 97% agree?

Did 97% "agree"?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Did 97% "agree" that the Spiritualist won the debate with THURSTON at Carnegie Hall?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Nor are they proven by adding exclamation points at the end of sentences.

But exclamation points and lots of capital letters and you really have something there.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Exclamation points and CAPITAL letters are like buttons on your shirt. You can use them or not!!!!

I now understand the magicians ad hominem attacks on Arthur Ford. He stood up to those that lied about their feats. He destroyed Thurston that night in 1927 and added many more converts to his way of thinking.

So much suppression. But the truth is coming out!!!!!!

Three new books on the way!!!! A little knowledge is a dangerous thing ... Just think how crazy a lot of knowledge can be!!!!!
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2015, Slim King wrote:
Exclamation points and CAPITAL letters are like buttons on your shirt. You can use them or not!!!!

I now understand the magicians ad hominem attacks on Arthur Ford. He stood up to those that lied about their feats. He destroyed Thurston that night in 1927 and added many more converts to his way of thinking.

So much suppression. But the truth is coming out!!!!!!

Three new books on the way!!!! A little knowledge is a dangerous thing ... Just think how crazy a lot of knowledge can be!!!!!

Is this a joke?
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Yes.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
No sadly enough I believe he is serious.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
NicholasD ... Did anyone ever tell you that Thurston debated Ford at Carnegie Hall? Of course not ... because Thurston, the new King of the Magic Throne after Houdini's death, got shellacked in the process according by virtually every report there was.

Sometimes Nick, the truth is unbearable to many people. I'm sorry about that part of being honest.

A simple internet search will prove I'm right once again. I'd hate to mislead anyone.

I only want the truth! Smile
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Just because he got shellacked doesn't mean he was wrong, just woefully unprepared.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Exactly.
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1914 Posts

Profile of Randwill
The account of the Carnegie Hall debate in Jim Steinmeyer's book, "Howard Thurston vs Houdini" from a few years back doesn't give me the impression that Ford bested Thurston to any great degree. It does state that this was the occasion that Ford first met Bess Houdini.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Thurstons claims were totally destroyed .. He said he'd exposed thousands of fraudulent mediums yet he couldn't name 5 ... Ford proved him a liar at every turn. Thurston repented and turned his life around after the exchange. Even attending Seances of his own.

There was never a "Round Two" as Thurston knew he was bested to the max.

I can't wait for the Steinmeyer book. After reading so much about Ford, I'm wondering if Steinmeyer continued with the magicians hard line of dogmatic rejection despite the facts. Smile Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
What exactly are your claims and what exactly do you think you are proving?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2015, Slim King wrote:
Thurstons claims were totally destroyed .. He said he'd exposed thousands of fraudulent mediums yet he couldn't name 5 ...

That could merely be testament to how utterly unimpressive fraudulent mediums are.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Spiritualist Debates THURSTON at Carnegie Hall..WINS (45 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..17~18~19 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL