The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Dye Tube for the street (27 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Special user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
641 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
You're welcome Mike!

We just spent the weekend doing this,it works like a charm. Pennies wouldn't, not going into a dye tube.
good luck! ooops! break a leg.
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3691 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
MagiCol
View Profile
Special user
Dargaville, New Zealand
929 Posts

Profile of MagiCol
Nice one, Pop! Thanks for posting the video.

A scarf with a different colour on each side...
Florists wrap a bunch of flowers with rather stiff paper that has a different colour on each side. Maybe that could be used to
some effect in magic?
The presentation makes the magic.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1338 Posts

Profile of imgic
If you check out Scott Alexander's Penguin lecture (Live 3) which was a free Christmas lecture from Penguin (currently $29 now)

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/6354

He does a multi color silk production as part of a routine. I recently used this at an event as a crowd gathering and worked great. You could easily then transition into a dye tube.

I'd never used silks before, but the color and the movement really catches the eye. Will likely incorporate them more. Besides Pop Haydn's stuff, Michael Ammar does some cool silk work...
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Duke Stern (Abbott's) used a Hunts tomato paste can.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Yup! I realized years ago, that silks packed small and light, and added flash to a small prop program. I wrote up all my silk routines in the book. Color change 20th C.,"Slydini", Serpentine, etc. I especially like my routine for he ELUSIVE SILK VANISH. It needs NO SET UP!

my experience as a teenager in the '40s, working in a ten in one helped me to realize early, what plays in situations like busking!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
I am looking for a decent palmo gimmick to vanish 18" silks, Just going to start the half dyed silk routine, I live in UK.
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Rice makes a very nice palmo. Priced right too.
cbguy
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of cbguy
Rice no longer makes a Palmo. They are completely out of stock and they will not be making anymore.
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Wow. I bought one from them about 6 months ago. Glad I did.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Still looking for either palmo or Dye tube for colour changing silks, UK
cbguy
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of cbguy
I have a Rice Palmo. It's literally Brand New, still wrapped in that paper stuff they used to send it in. It's never seen the light of day. I was going to keep it because they are not made anymore, but I would never use it because I don't do anything that needs a Palmo. I'll part with it for 25 pounds. If you want it, send me a PM and I'll give you my Paypal info.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
I'm sure glad I learned to make color change gimmicks from Dollar Store Materials. It's in Dollar Store Magic Book 2 on The Magic Nook if you don't know how. 25 pounds = $30.42. I'll keep my valuable old Palmo in the safe and use my plastic home-made gimmicks on the street.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Whit aka Pop your silk performance was hilarious. We don't ever utter the phrase "Do you guys want to see some magic?" We exclaim do y'all want to see something that will not only blow your brain but also entertain? Its yours to keep Poppa...
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3691 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Thanks, Devious! I use the magic question because the color-changing hank follows the 6 Card Repeat, which is supposedly "just" a "classic mathematical" card trick. See you Sunday!
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1338 Posts

Profile of imgic
If looking to experiment with some home made building...5 hour energy drinks come in nifty little plastic bottles with nice rounded shoulder. Take off label, cut accordingly (take two, cut off necks, cut in half, and glue). Then some paint or flesh tape and you'll have a nice dye tube to play with.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
I remember reading that guys used tomato paste cans.
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1334 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
I have recently go the download Palmo, The Laflin Silk series 4. It is a great DVD with lots of ideas and variations all based around the technique of using this gimmick.

This has been very helpful and well worth a look.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
Jack Skipton
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of Jack Skipton
Terry Herbert has a great routine as well on one of his DVDs
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I started with a 75 cent hand dye tube in 1947. --bought in Bob Stull's shop in San Francisco. I told the story in my book, of Senor Charlesl MARDO, and, his giving me a 30 minute lesson in how to use it. I bless him, every time that I open the show with the dye tube. Years later, I bought one from Johnson products, and it has done a "few" thousand shows. "Them there classic tricks" are worth learning!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Dye Tube for the street (27 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL