We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Dye Tube for the street (23 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
DaveGripenwaldt
View Profile
Veteran user
379 Posts

Profile of DaveGripenwaldt
This thread was resurrected so the small point I'm making responds to a two year old post, but when you are using a TT, you can increase the visibility/size of the silks by using diamond cut silks. Larger apparent size from less bulk. That, of course, assumes you don't need to display the silks like Pop does.
cbguy
View Profile
Loyal user
270 Posts

Profile of cbguy
After some trial and error, I do not recommend a dye tube on the street. I gave it a go with a palmo and the wind it brutal blowing that silk around. While it can be done, it's no where near as good as it is inside.
Chatterbox41
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, Georgia
307 Posts

Profile of Chatterbox41
Quote:
On Sep 13, 2017, cbguy wrote:
After some trial and error, I do not recommend a dye tube on the street. I gave it a go with a palmo and the wind it brutal blowing that silk around. While it can be done, it's no where near as good as it is inside.

What size silks were you using outdoors? Getting ready to learn Billy McCombs Half Dyed Silk and had considered using it on the street.

Gary
Zauberman
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Zauberman
Just to give a different perspective....I have used the dye tube on the street many many times...and if it is not windy, it is GREAT. Packs small, plays big and vertical. Great for a crowd gather, beginning.

18" silks work with the standard Palmo which I use.

Agree with cbguy if there is wind, it is brutal.

And Chatterbox....I hope to see a post soon with your experience trying street magic. Less chatter...more action Smile
cbguy
View Profile
Loyal user
270 Posts

Profile of cbguy
18 inch silks and a rice palmo. What Zauberman said is perfect, I can't add anything to that.
Chatterbox41
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, Georgia
307 Posts

Profile of Chatterbox41
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2017, Zauberman wrote:

And Chatterbox....I hope to see a post soon with your experience trying street magic. Less chatter...more action Smile

Definitely Zauberman! Did what I believe will be my street act at a festival a couple weeks back for 4 hours... if I can get the photos small enough to post, I'll begin my series of posts... Smile

Gary
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Dye Tube for the street (23 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL