The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Return Of The (not so) Youthful Curmudgeon! - by Paul Chosse » » Table riffle Faro shuffle » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
Question:

Have you ever seen someone shuffle a deck riffle stile on the table and the results are a perfect faro?

Yesterday was the fist time I saw this on a Video on card cheating technique by stefe forte.
I thought I am dreaming or it must be a camera trick. But he did it for real.
Now I have something new to practise.

please tell me if you have tried this with success.
maybe a practising tip?

imagine you can do this, how natural that would look!!!!!!

Paul's response:

Perfect Tabled Riffle Shuffle - can be done consistently and easily. In fact, I have taught people to do this in less than 20 minutes. Results are uneven at first, but within days perfect shuffles all the time. Please note, there is no weave first, or simulation of a riffle, this is just a riffle on the table that is perfect, which is the result that the faro emulates. Interesting that Forte demonstrates this, as I learned it from professional hustlers over 20 years ago. Gamblers seem to treasure this skill and work to cultivate it. I once fooled Bob Stencil , Bill Kalush, and several other well posted Detroit magicians using this shuffle to get to an effect that otherwise would have been extremely obvious.
Don't be discouraged, this is well worth working on... Best, PSC
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Return Of The (not so) Youthful Curmudgeon! - by Paul Chosse » » Table riffle Faro shuffle » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL