The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mystery Performers Board (56 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I guess I mean it's homebase first, user base second. I wasn't really looking at in such a specific way, just curious. The Café is an American board. The PEA is American-based. Mindvention is an American-based convention here in Las Vegas. Yes, members are here in these from throughout the world, but it (Cafe) is an American-based board. That's what I was wondering.
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
Look mom, I have
1534 Posts

Profile of E.E.
Does that makes any difference to you?
Professional mentalist and digital artist for mystery performers. check out my work at www.facebook.com/EverElizaldeArtStudio
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
On Mystery Performers board you can find other things you won't find on the Café'.

While the Café' largely remains one of the primary and most famous boards, MP board can be considered as complementary to the Café'.

Also, you are really free to post and say what you want, no censorship, no vanishing threads just because some members disagree with others (I and Iain are the living proof of that since we constantly disagree on some things) and we are encouraged to share effects AND methods as well as posting full routines with other inner members.

As for the reviews of ANY product; if a member believes a product is bad, they will post without caring if the shop selling it can be named or not because of paid AD.

Paolo "The New Kross" Cavalli
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 26, 2015, IAIN wrote:
so its not about getting 50 posts in any way shape or form, its about what you are willing to contribute, and that's it...its a pretty big forum once you are behind closed doors...

And, since the quality of the secret stuff discussed there, along with methods and performance tips, isn't refreshing that no amount of posts with "I agree! or "Me too!" will let you in the secret area?
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Refreshing indeed: and the right thing to do to avoid hungry takers not giving back
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Yes, it is.

We have literally thousand topics on book tests, Q&A, Psychometry, Pendulums, Impressions, Billets, No Billets, Cold Reading ,etc.

But only contributors and well established members can access ALL of those secrets.

And it is as it should be.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2015, E.E. wrote:

Yes, it makes a huge difference for many reasons. Just as any performer wants to learn and become as familiar as possible with any venue, event or audience before they take the stage, the same applies here. There are good and poor audiences, performance dynamics, venues and events. I prefer only to work the ones to my liking and preferences. The same applies here and for my question.

As I said it makes a huge difference to whether I would be interested. Why are questioning me?
ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
913 Posts

Profile of ParaLabs - Thomas
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2015, Mindpro wrote:
Why are questioning me?

I can't speak for E.E. as a matter of fact, but I had the same question in mind as well.

Quote:
On Apr 27, 2015, Mindpro wrote:
... for many reasons.

Just as an example: As much as it is understandable to learn and become as familiar as possible with any venue, event or audience - there are many aspects and facets that would characterize an online forum better than whether or not it is U.S.-based.

You could have asked who is there, you could have asked about content details, forum structures, quantities and qualities, etc. ... but of all that your point was if the forum is U.S.-based. Don't you see why this question in the given context sounds a little strange?

I mean, there is an international online forum and it is obvious that the members come from all around the world. But the question is not even about the proportional distribution country-wise (which would have been understandable from my point of view) ... but were the forum as such is hosted? I mean, the internet's globalization in mind this question is completely pointless as it wouldn't make a difference if the host server is located in the States, France, the UK, Germany or Australia.
The server may be in New Zealand, the administrators may be from the States and Italy, the moderators from Spain and Canada, the members from everywhere - what is the point in where the server is located?

Not a "prohibited" question by any means ... but strange nevertheless from my point of view.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I agree completely, Thomas.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Hey, does the new people get a decoder ring and bumper sticker?

I am a sucker for those cool looking decoder rings.

Ray
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
No. No decoder rings. But upon entering the full board, a troll named Boris personally delivers a very stylish MP fridge magnet.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
Look mom, I have
1534 Posts

Profile of E.E.
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2015, Mindpro wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2015, E.E. wrote:

Yes, it makes a huge difference for many reasons. Just as any performer wants to learn and become as familiar as possible with any venue, event or audience before they take the stage, the same applies here. There are good and poor audiences, performance dynamics, venues and events. I prefer only to work the ones to my liking and preferences. The same applies here and for my question.

As I said it makes a huge difference to whether I would be interested. Why are questioning me?

I only asked because I really wanted to know what difference you find in a forum u.k. based or usa based or wherever is based.

I'm Mexican and I feel at home there.
Professional mentalist and digital artist for mystery performers. check out my work at www.facebook.com/EverElizaldeArtStudio
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I think mindpro is wanting to know cos it seems like he's not keen on uk mentalists...
I've asked to be banned
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2015, IAIN wrote:
I think mindpro is wanting to know cos it seems like he's not keen on uk mentalists...

While that may be true about some of today's young European mentalism and mentalists, that had nothing to do with my asking. Not that it's anyone's business but I had been approached steadily to join a similar sounding Canadian-based forum some time ago. I was just wondering if this was the same board? They sound similar.

People can think what they want but where a forum or community is based and who is in charge of it does matter and makes a difference. I was a member of several UK forums and they did have a different basis and tone than American forums. It's really pain and simple. I love my European/German Mercedes and BMW, but so far prefer American-based communities as I like my classic mentalism as I do do my classic Corvette.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Mystery Performers is multinational but the general tone is classic mentalism.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Nice try MatCult. What just because I know what I prefer I "fear" foreigners? I'd say you're trying to stir the post with incorrect assumptions. I love how people believe things that aren't said and perpetuate false information. But this is just a sample of the exact thing of which we've seen around here over the last few years.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Thanks Bob. But why can no one answer my quite simple question? Is this the same board of which I was referring?
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Mindpro- I nearly forgot what the original question was! But the founder of the board is from North Carolina, if that's any help.
Rod Irroc
View Profile
Regular user
The media swarmed over my last blindfold drive... I ran over
154 Posts

Profile of Rod Irroc
And the other co-founder is non-US based.

Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mystery Performers Board (56 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL