The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » GENII - The Conjurors' Magazine » » How to print out a page? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cheesewrestler
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
851 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
Is there some way to print out an entire page from an issue in the archives?

All I can find is the click & drag box, which doesn't seem capable of expanding to full page size.

Also it would be nice not to have to print out the Instructions box all the time.
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
851 Posts

C'mon Richard, we know you post here. How about some customer service?
Watchmaker
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of Watchmaker
Mr. Wrestler,

I'm the last person to tell anyone how to use a computer but I've had no problems printing articles out. It may not be the right way, but I go to the page I want, which is actually two pages (both sides of the magazine) and when I click on 'contents' icon on the right and it gives me the transcribed version but I don't see the printer icon. I just copied the page by highlighting it and choosing 'copy' and pasted it onto a note (on a mac) and I think Windows has blank documents. Pasted that on the note and printed it out. I also tried to print one out that wasn't the transcribed page but the actual original one and what I did was just take a screen shot of it (command + Shift + 4 on the Mac, I have no idea on Windows) and it saved it as a .pdf file that I could print.

I have no idea if that's the best way to do it but it worked great for me.

Hope you solve your problem, I know how frustrating the stupid computer can be sometimes.

Respectfully,

Phil
billmarq
View Profile
Special user
NorCal
512 Posts

Profile of billmarq
On an iMac: When viewing a page, (actually two pages as mentioned above,) look in the upper right corner. There should be two icons, a printer icon and a blue square with an "X". The X is used to expand the view to full page. Don't do that. Click on the printer icon and a new window will appear. In that window, select either the right or left page and then click "Download/Print" button on upper left. Go from there. I imagine it works similarly on a Windows PC.

One evil thing on the Mac is that if you are in full-screen mode, you will not see the print window that pops up. It remains hidden behind the magazine page window unless you click the blue square with the X to go back to normal view. That is why I said not to click it in the first place.

I seem to recall that the print function is not available on a tablet, neither Apple nor Android variety.

Added: I just checked the operation on a Windows PC and it works the same. Unless you are using a tablet, I am not sure why you are having a problem.
"Bill, you're a peach. A real peach." - Brad
Watchmaker
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of Watchmaker
Mr. Marq,

Thanks for chiming in. I was wondering why I couldn't see what I wanted printed. I'm not too bright when it comes to these fancy-schmancy computers, but playing around with it for a little while and clicking on stuff you soon learn to navigate your way around.

R/

Phil
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
1686 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Sorry, Phil, but most of my time has been spent getting Genii out and trying to finish the Tenyo book.
There is an icon to download a pdf of a particular page to your desktop, from which you can then print it out.
Watchmaker
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of Watchmaker
Mr. Kaufman,

Thanks for the info, but I'm not having trouble downloading any pages. Sure, I'm a little slow but I got most of it figured out. Mr. CheeseWrestler is having the problem. I suggested taking a screenshot which saves it as a .pdf, but it's nice to know you already have that built in. As I said above, I'm not the best when it comes to stuff like this, I was just passing along what worked for me to try to help him out.

Good luck with your Tenyo book. I'm sure it's top notch, just like all the other books you've ever put out.

Respectfully,

Phil
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
851 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 21, 2015, Richard Kaufman wrote:
Sorry, Phil, but most of my time has been spent getting Genii out and trying to finish the Tenyo book.
There is an icon to download a pdf of a particular page to your desktop, from which you can then print it out.

Well sure enough.

Why wasn't that happening before?

Because I do know how to &se a c%^%$ter' I've 76TyyFRRRRG lots of times. Oh well!

ThankKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKs!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » GENII - The Conjurors' Magazine » » How to print out a page? (0 Likes)
  Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2015 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.052946 seconds, requiring 26 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [1] [0] [7] [5] [6] [6] [3] [6] [0]