The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Signed card in sealed snack package -chips & chocolate bars (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Ben♧10♤L♡WE♢
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Ben♧10♤L♡WE♢
Hey there all. I was wondering if anyone could point me to where I could find or even help me discover how to perform a card to sealed snack package? I am specifically wanting to discover how to do a card in sealed Kitkat bar and card in sealed chip bag. I have seen torn bill inside chip bag however I want to know if there are any resources or ideas for a signed card in sealed Kitkat (or any chocolate bar) and signed card in sealed chip bag. I love transposition and I think a signed card to a sealed food item is so rewarding when done right because it's using something that a spectator can identify with. Any expertise thrown my way would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

P.S. If anyone knows or actually created this trick already and has not released it yet, I would be willing to pay for this trick. Private message me if you have the trick already and we can talk business. I am serious about purchasing this off whom ever has this trick.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Talk to Kieron (themightykieron) on the Café, he can probrably help.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Jan Schattling
View Profile
New user
Hamburg, Germany
89 Posts

Profile of Jan Schattling
I am in, too.
Card in sealed package is always strong but getting a method for signed card is even better.
I really would like to know if there is a good one out there.

Jan
"Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them." - Lee Jun-fan
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
The same principles that Tommy Wonder uses in his signed card to tiny wooden box will also work here.
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Gaetan Bloom's Intercessor is what you seek.
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
Jan Schattling
View Profile
New user
Hamburg, Germany
89 Posts

@jimgerrish: Looks promising, I will need to find out where to get it.

@Kabalah: I am not sure what a torn card (or bill) has to do with the trick we are looking for but maybe there is just a different dimension of the tool I did not get.
It's a nice tool nontheless, and I will probably try to get one.
"Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them." - Lee Jun-fan
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
On May 9, 2015, Jan Schattling wrote:

@Kabalah: I am not sure what a torn card (or bill) has to do with the trick we are looking for but maybe there is just a different dimension of the tool I did not get.
It's a nice tool nontheless, and I will probably try to get one.

How about this?

A card is selected and a corner is almost torn off... you sign the body of the card and the spectator signs the still attached corner.

The spectator completes the tear of the corner and holds it for later verification.

I think you can take it from here...
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
Jan Schattling
View Profile
New user
Hamburg, Germany
89 Posts

Ah... now I see where you were going.
Thanks for the clarificatrion. Smile
Ripping a corner off for verification is a great Idea and makes it even more astonishing.
I will totally use that.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I do signed card to gum packet,sealed bottle of Budweiser ,tic tac box,mint box ,clarity box, signed bank note to lemon ,the signed card INSIDE a chocolate bar is going to be tricky but Kieron(themightykieron)as mentioned is a good place to start and he does show a nice routine but the card is not signed,hope this help's.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
I can't see why this is/would be any more impressive than the classic card to orange/bill in lemon or from decades ago Roy Johnson's Card to Chewing Gum.

More recently a marketed item was a card to inside a can of peas.

If the card is 'freely' selected the signature is not that important, but there are methods (one mentioned above)that could accomplish that and some more suitable for the stand up performer than an apparent impromptu performance. Mercury Card Fold and a load comes to mind, as does rubber cement.
macc
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of macc
Check out "any signed card to any spectators wallet (uccu)" by jeff kaylor.
With the uccu (ultimate card control utility) you could make a signed card appear from a chips bag or a chocolate bar.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
Ben and Jan,

I have sent you both some thoughts on a method to achieve your signed card to Kit Kat bar. This would be a great question to ask in the Secret Sessions portion of the Café once you reach 50 posts. I do think the suggestion above to use the uccu is very practical and could work very well. I also would consider using the Extractor by Peter Nardi. Good luck and have fun. I am sure you will learn a lot as you work out your solution.

Mark
Jan Schattling
View Profile
New user
Hamburg, Germany
89 Posts

@Paul: I like to do stuff more "impromptu" and I think that having a snack like a KitKat or a sealed booster pack of trading cards around is more convincing as having some fruit lying around.

@whiteoakcanyon: Thanks for the PM, I am working on my 50 posts. Smile
I will have a look in both methods/gimicks.

@all: For me it is important, that if the container is bigger than the card, the card itself should still be intact.
I think a full card out of a KitKat is way more impressive than a rolled up from a chips bag.
If it appears in a TicTac box or something else small being folded is ok, but else my mind will instantly say "he used a small hole to cheat it in".
Might be that I am not easy to impress anymore, but I like to do tricks that baffled me first. Smile
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
As George I believe alluded to, Kieron Johnson has a card to Kit Kat bar as a bonus effect on his Too Hot To Handle DVD.
The card actually appears inside the chocolate, not just the wrapper.
I haven't seen it but have heard from a couple people that it is a very good effect.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I bought too hot to handle and the bonus routine with the KitKat is very good. I have adapted it a bit but don't want to explain it here because google can see it so I will shoot youbaPM.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of kieronthemighty
Hi I've just seen this here a vid of me doing it I find this more pratical than fruit as I can store them longer also more inposible than chewing gum tho all plots are Awsome this is my take on a classic I have work on a signed version beter with notes pm if you need any help.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CKI8yovhgME

Kind regards

Kieron
Tmayer
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Tmayer
What about doing cashback by Luke Dancy with a card instead of a bill?

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3456
esmerdon
View Profile
New user
Knoxville, TN
54 Posts

Profile of esmerdon
Wow that's quite an awesome effect Kieron! I'm going to save up for the DVD just for the bonus effect...
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of kieronthemighty
Quote:
On Oct 5, 2015, esmerdon wrote:
Wow that's quite an awesome effect Kieron! I'm going to save up for the DVD just for the bonus effect...

I'm doing a penquin lectuer 29 November this and a few other versions will be covered in that lectuer

Kind regards

Kieron
esmerdon
View Profile
New user
Knoxville, TN
54 Posts

Profile of esmerdon
Thanks for the heads up Kieron, I'm quite excited for it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Signed card in sealed snack package -chips & chocolate bars (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL