The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pardon me, sir... » » Watch Put (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheTrickman
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of TheTrickman
Hello

I have had a request from a watch company to put watches on clients wrists in a pickpocket fashion during their product launch.
I am not sure whether this is even possible without resorting to a gimmicked(magnet) strap. Does anyone know if this is something that can be done or whether there is any work on this published?
Isaach
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Isaach
I've never done it, but Jacques Le Sueur teaches a method for doing so in the PDF that comes with his WATCH video.
Isaac Haber - Boston

youtube.com/irhaber
twitter.com/isaac_haber
instagram.com/isaac_haber

No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist.
—Oscar Wilde
Czimmerman
View Profile
New user
Markesan, Wisconsin
52 Posts

Profile of Czimmerman
The magnet strap idea... sounds very interesting.
I have been picking up old watches/necklaces at yard sales and second hand store 25 cent bins.
After watching a Coats and Byrd dvd on pickpocketing.. I have wanted to build a training dummy.

Unfortunately... LOL I have 7 daughters... so anytime daddy brings home anything remotely pretty... it gets confinscated by the girls.
bigfoot
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of bigfoot
I think that there was an effect on the market years ago that your watch and a spectators traded places. I don't recall the name but I do recall that the performers watch ended on the spectators wrist.
chappy
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of chappy
Years ago I was tipped to a great method for this. I am not sure who originated the idea. It does involve a gimmick but requires less precision to handle than a magnet strap. I don't really follow this area of the forum but I've not seen it published in the literature. TheTrickman feel free to PM me if you don't find another suitable method.
FARO FUNDAMENTALS, DETAILS OF DECEPTION and THE DEVIL'S STAIRCASE at www.thedevilsstaircase.com
dedikc
View Profile
Veteran user
France (Lyon)
340 Posts

Profile of dedikc
There's a trick from Sébastien mossiere, with a special watch.
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
There is a guy named Gene Turner who does it. Part of his act he switches one person's watch for another on their wrists.

I don't think he would be too forth coming about how to do it though.

Might get some ideas from him though
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pardon me, sir... » » Watch Put (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL