The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » What to do with a bunch of random gaffs (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

trent_hardcore
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of trent_hardcore
Hi guys,

I've been digging through my box o' tricks and have a found a box of double facers from Murphy's Magic Supplies. I also have a deck of double backers and quite a few blanks (faces and backs). Any suggestions for packet tricks I could put together using these?

Cheers,
Trent
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
You could use the DB's for a packet Triumph, or a full deck one since you have a deck, like UF Grant's Cheek to Cheek.
If you have the right aces you could do MacDonald Aces.

If you already have some packet effects using blanks, you might use these cards to make up spare sets.

If you have Encyclopedia of Card Tricks check out the chapters on DF and DB cards for trick ideas. Not packet tricks but may suggest some good uses.
Roy Rocha
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Roy Rocha
Wild Nudist by Robert Giobbi, I believe.
Proximo
View Profile
New user
Belgium
96 Posts

Profile of Proximo
You can do tons of things with this, but I've just bought a DF deck to do Anniversary Waltz.
Zlwin Chew
View Profile
Elite user
Malaysian Magician with
437 Posts

Profile of Zlwin Chew
DFs for A. Waltz is a real reputation maker. I have been doing this ever since I started magic in 2008. It has been with me until today. In fact, I just peformed it twice to two groups of people at a gig 7 hours ago.

As for the DBs, there was this trick where you get two specs to sign the backs of two cards, then it merges to become one. Same concept as A. Waltz, but using the backs. I never used this because the A. Waltz is much stronger. But you can feel free to explore.

Good luck and have fun.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Use the blanks for Elmsley's Four Card Trick.

Or, you could emulate The Man Who Fooled Houdini. Smile
Charles Gaff
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Charles Gaff
Jack ro bats, wild card, and dl ditch card are starters. And wild card equals stand up monte.
TheRealMagicMike
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas, NV
178 Posts

Profile of TheRealMagicMike
You can put together tons of packet tricks with those... even things like "Ace" by RS; the challenge is putting together the routine for them if you're not familiar. Those are great for having your own stock of refills for many packet tricks though.
king_amongthepigs
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of king_amongthepigs
There are lot of things that can be done with DB and DF. Anniversary Waltz and Triumph plots come to mind. There are also color changes and multiple lifts possibilities.
HoDinhYu
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of HoDinhYu
I think it's fun to be creative and make flap cards with those gaffs. Had so much fun doing it over the weekend.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » What to do with a bunch of random gaffs (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL