The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » God's Attribute of Invisibility (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
684 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
I have been asked to perform a show for a children's camp and to include something about God's attribute of being invisible (even though He's really with us (at all times)). What illusion or illustration might demonstrate this well?

Feel free to mention principles and I'll figure out patter and presentation. If a specific trick comes to mind, just PM me to avoid exposure.

Thanks.
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not, none will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."Hebrews 13:2
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
684 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
Also open to scripture suggestions...
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not, none will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."Hebrews 13:2
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Veteran user
Battlefield, MO
361 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
Your questions prompted me to write something. So, here is my contribution:
http://www.jamiedoyle.com/wp-content/upl......-God.pdf
Jamie Doyle

jamiedoyle.com
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
684 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
Jamie, this is ABSOLUTELY beautiful! Thank you.

God Bless,

Matt

plink
View Profile
Elite user
429 Posts

Profile of plink
I see that this lesson is tied into 'God's invisibility'. Maybe a future lesson could be on the many forms of God and a gold coin, small silk or even a Bible verse scroll could pop out of everywhere and everything. A child's ear, an man's wallet, a grandma's picture of her grandchildren.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2062 Posts

Profile of John Long
I wouldn't focus on the invisibility of God, I'm not sure if that is even scriptural. Rather, I would talk about how though we don't directly see Him, at least yet, we can see the results of His presence. Yet, I don't have an effect to suggest for that.

John
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Veteran user
Battlefield, MO
361 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
Colossians 1:5
Speaks of the invisibilty of God.
Jamie Doyle

jamiedoyle.com
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1330 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
When talking about the Holy Spirit I talk about invisibility. Then produce a 50' and 30' streamer from "Invisible Paint". (similar to a square circle that I show "empty") I explain we can't see the Holy Spirit yet it fills the room. As the streamer comes out I hand it on to the children to take "for a walk" around the room. Normally the 80' is enough to get the sense of God being everywhere, even though we can't see Him.
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2062 Posts

Profile of John Long
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2015, jamiedoyle wrote:
Colossians 1:5
Speaks of the invisibilty of God.

Not in my translation:
"because of the hope laid up for you in heaven, of which you previously heard in the word of truth, the gospel" Col 1:5 NAS
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8276 Posts

Profile of harris
Perhaps try 1:15

Harris.

Still too old to know it all
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Veteran user
Battlefield, MO
361 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
Ah ha! A typ-o on my part... my apologies. Colossians 1:15
Jamie Doyle

jamiedoyle.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » God's Attribute of Invisibility (0 Likes)
  Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2015 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.095223 seconds, requiring 46 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [1] [3] [7] [3] [2] [6] [0] [6] [0]