The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » GENII - The Conjurors' Magazine » » Help needed with Genii Android App(s) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
1351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
I recently subscribed to the electronic version of Genii and am having trouble with the apps on my 7" Android tablet (An ASUS MemoPad 7) and phone (Samsung Galaxy S3).

(1) On both the phone and the tablet, when the app is first installed it asks if it should store issues on my internal memory or SD card, but it shows the same amount of free space for each (corresponding to actual free internal memory). When I tell it to use the SD card, the app fails to go further (gets stuck at "loading...") and I have to uninstall/reinstall. Using internal memory works, but I'd much prefer to use the SD cards as they have more free space. Any ideas on how to get that to work?

(2) When I tap on a page on my phone, the app switches to the text-only view which lets me scroll up/down for much easier reading. Great feature. However, on the tablet when I do the same thing it switches to a split screen mode -- only half of the available space is given to the scrollable text, the rest is a smaller version of the page images. This leaves the text-only area not much larger than on my phone, pretty much defeating the purpose of using the tablet. Is there a way for the text-only mode to use all (or at least most) of the tablet's screen?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » GENII - The Conjurors' Magazine » » Help needed with Genii Android App(s) (0 Likes)
  Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2015 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.018294 seconds, requiring 10 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [1] [4] [9] [1] [0] [7] [3] [9] [0]