The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A turn of the page » » Your first magic book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

djtrouten
View Profile
New user
Minneapolis
37 Posts

Profile of djtrouten
What is the first magic book you remember reading? For me, it was a copy of Blackstone's "Modern Card Tricks and Secrets of Magic" from the St. Paul Public Library. I just acquired a copy of that same edition, and paging through it brings back memories of childhood days spent uncovering the mysteries of the universe. Which book does that for you?
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1466 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Henry Hay's The Amateur Magician's Handbook.
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
BCS
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of BCS
The first books I remember getting from the library are...

Blackstone's Secrets of Magic
Mulhollands Book of Magic
Dunninger's Complete Encyclipedia of Magic

To this day I still love looking at the illustrations from the Dunninger book.

A friends father lent me his set of Tarbell books... At the time it put me into a magic overload; not until much latter could I really appreciate them.

My first purchased magic books were...

Amateur Magicians Handbook
Mark Wilson's Course in Magic (book and props)
Many of the dollar to 2 dollar pamphlet books at the back of my EZ Magic catalog

Take care,
Bruce
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A turn of the page » » Your first magic book (0 Likes)
  Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2015 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.024064 seconds, requiring 16 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [1] [4] [7] [3] [2] [6] [0] [0] [9]