The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Kids Show Masterplan by Danny Orleans (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

VanishingInc
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of VanishingInc
Hey everyone!

Everyone here at Vanishing Inc. and AmazeKids are really excited to finally be able to share with you the new Kids Show Masterplan by Danny Orleans!

We've worked so hard on this book and our goal was to try to make It become the modern-day guide to performing magic for children.

Combining his classroom experience as a preschool and kindergarten teacher with over 40 years of performing magic for children in schools, museums, libraries, private parties and theaters, Danny Orleans finally reveals his “Masterplan” on how to create and present a magic show for children.

Watch the accompanying video trailer as he introduces you to the book. With more than 180 pages and 150 full-color photos and diagrams, this hard-cover volume is filled with Danny's real-world experience. He takes a step beyond his critically acclaimed DVDs to share his theory, strategy and seven unpublished routines to help you build a successful kids show. Whether you’re just starting out, or you’re an experienced kid show pro, you’ll benefit from Danny’s extensive use of child-psychology, his approach to trick selection and his multiple examples on how to deal with any room setting to maximize the impact of your show.

In Kids Show Masterplan, Danny teaches you the psychological techniques he uses every time he does a kids show so you can effortlessly manage young children’s behavior. You’ll get practical solutions for your real-world challenges including…

Keeping kids seated
Getting and holding kids’ attention
Dealing with crying children
Choosing volunteers
Managing kids' disappointment
Controlling onstage helpers
Preventing kids from rushing the stage
Touching children appropriately
In addition, an entire chapter is dedicated to Danny’s Onsite Marketing Plan. It’s filled with low-cost and no-cost non-traditional ideas, many of which you can begin using immediately -- all designed to increase your bookings.

Danny Orleans’ credentials as an expert on performing magic for children are unrivaled: He's a former elementary school teacher who became a master kids show entertainer performing throughout North America. Just a few years ago he began to share his unique approach to working with children to the magic community. He's released two critically acclaimed DVD sets. With his performing partner, Jan Rose, he's lectured throughout the US, Canada, the United Kingdom and most recently, at the 2015 FISM convention in Italy.

Hope you enjoy!
-Kyle
We personally curate every product we sell because we put quality and service first.
Danny Orleans
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago
119 Posts

Profile of Danny Orleans
I am so excited about my new book. Thank you Andi Gladwin for the great design and AmazeKids and Vanishing, Inc for publishing it! More thanks to all the magicians who shared their approaches to children's magic, and the marketing of it. Shipping from California begins the day after Labor Day 2015!
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1450 Posts

Profile of Gerry Walkowski
Any reviews of this product as of yet?

Gerry
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
Gerry,

I have had the book since it first came out. In my own personal opinion I think that this is one of the best books that have been written for a children's entertainer. And NO I do not get kickbacks from Vanishing Inc or Danny. And when I first met Danny a few years back when he was lecturing here in Michigan I really did not care for his lecture at all. It seemed to me to be rushed and that made me really not care for Danny or his work. But then I was told that the lecture that Danny had presented was only like his 3 or 4 lecture. So he just did not have the lecture down pat and he actually left his laptop at a Bagel shop that he had to retrieve the next day.

As far as the book is concerned and my views on Danny, there are BOTH great. And I will be the first one to say that I very rarely ever recommend a product or book to anyone unless it is really, really good. I highly recommend you to purchase this book. The only other children's book that I gave high fives to were Silly Billy's book when it came out. However, in my opinion this book that Danny has out is even better.

Any questions please feel free to PM me.

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1450 Posts

Profile of Gerry Walkowski
Wow!

Sounds great to me. I'm going to put this on my Christmas list for sure.

Thanks Rodney.

Gerry
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
Sounds great. Does it transcend the US market? ie - does the info in the book carry over well into the UK scene? I would imagine it does, but just checking Smile
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Danny offered a free ebook called "The Kid Show Masterplan" at one time, through the AmazeKids website. It has 93 pages (including cover, etc.)

Is this an expanded version that's in print?

Are the free samples now on the website, just portions of the new expanded version?

- Donald

P.S. I wasn't in the free ebook version, but I had shared some materials with Danny. Someone mentioned today that I'm mentioned in the expanded print version.
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I have known Danny since "forever". I've seen him work (on a gym floor in a school!)

I like what he does, and how he does it. "It aint so much WHAT ye do, as HOW ya do it"!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
efrados
View Profile
Regular user
Montevideo, Uruguay
119 Posts

Profile of efrados
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2015, Donald Dunphy wrote:

Are the free samples now on the website, just portions of the new expanded version?

It's has about 190 pages, but it has a lot of tricks that I think, nobody would do and they took a lot of pages!

I think it's an excellent book and for the price, everyone dealing with kids should get it. I don't know how different is from that ebook that you mention, but I have bought the actual book so maybe pm any doubts and I will get back to you
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Ordered a few days ago, so excited to dig in. I work at a daycare/school, I used to work in a psych facility with pediatrics and adults so close up has always been a thing for me, a full kids show has not, very excited to see what I can learn about this topic.
neocatalyst
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of neocatalyst
Blindside, if you can also pick up Silly Billy's book. It is phenomenal and you'll learn a lot about child psychology.
neocatalyst
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of neocatalyst
I'm talking about Seriously Silly, not his recent book which I haven't read.
the fritz
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of the fritz
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2016, neocatalyst wrote:
I'm talking about Seriously Silly, not his recent book which I haven't read.

His most recent book is the same... tons to learn about the psychology aspect, only it is explored through many different routines. Excellent book.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Kids Show Masterplan by Danny Orleans (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL