The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Some good news..... (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Riley
View Profile
Special user
Swansea UK
955 Posts

Profile of Riley
Time for some good news.

I have been sorting through notes from the last twenty years, and have been looking once again at information from the late David DeVal. I am going to put this in book form, and it will include:

*David's original notes and sketches showing the finer points of cuff and padlock gaffing...which internal parts to polish for smooth working, etc, what tools to use and how to use them, etc. This material will appeal to EA's who like to make their own stuff.
* Spectator management duriing escapes. (this part is SUPERB)
* Funny stories and anecdotes.
* Other material. (including cell escapes)
* My own annotations.

This information has not been published before. It will be available only from me, at a reasonable price. However, it will only be available to people known to me. No pre-orders taken, and 50 only will be produced.

As I am now retired, this will be my last contribution.

Stay ethical, lol

Riley
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Hey ho good for you, David would approve I'm sure. So refreshing to see that to be selective with the sales is just what he did with his Littler Papers.

Put a good price on it Roy and beware of the failure escapists and their friends hahaha still it would be beyond them in any case.

Yep stay ethical (What's that ????).

Have fun. Smile
NotSoWise
View Profile
New user
victoria,bc
73 Posts

Profile of NotSoWise
Sorry to hear this will be your last contribution!
allantaylor
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire, England
125 Posts

Profile of allantaylor
Great News Riley
Buy the new updated Cell Escape-The Real Secret http://de-val-magic.co.uk/store/
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
This will be one heck of a contribution to the EA community. Just insuring that some deeper legacy is left makes it all the more valueable. By deeper I mean more than the current stock of David's published material. Your notes and insight will truly add a valueable deminsion to the material. Thanks for taking the time, trouble, and heart burn of putting this together and getting it published. What a nice legacy for both DeVal and you.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Swansea UK
955 Posts

Profile of Riley
Thanks Harry

I'll also be including an audio recording of David talking to me when he was deciding on the for/against decision
to publish "Cell Escape - The Real Secret".

I played it again last night for the first time since his death......happy memories of a great man and Escape Artist.

Riley
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
Good news indeed! Thanks for going through the effort of doing this to share DeVal's wisdom and expertise!
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
allantaylor
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire, England
125 Posts

Profile of allantaylor
Just to let everyone know that De-Vals Cell Escape-The Real Secret is being re-released, updated and in colour Smile http://de-val-magic.co.uk/store/
Buy the new updated Cell Escape-The Real Secret http://de-val-magic.co.uk/store/
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Swansea UK
955 Posts

Profile of Riley
Looks good Allan Smile
WEASEL DANDAW
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of WEASEL DANDAW
Great news!
I agree with Ken (for once). I'm glad this is being kept to a selective audience.
I know that you aren't taking advance orders, but please keep in mind as I would love a copy.
JackCoray
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of JackCoray
Wow that's great Riley. I just ordered Cell Escape. So happy to finally be able to get a copy. I would love to add your new book to my collection.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
A hearty "well done" to Allan and Rebecca. Good job mates.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
allantaylor
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire, England
125 Posts

Profile of allantaylor
Many thanks to everyone who has already pre- ordered. Smile
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Swansea UK
955 Posts

Profile of Riley
Dan and Jack....Just to avoid any confusion, this is not my book referred to in the original post. My book is not yet finished.

Allan has produced an updated version of David DeVal's book "Cell Escape - The Real Secret" (1980).

Not sure how Allan has managed to produce it in colour, but the guy is smart Smile

Look forward to seeing it.

Riley
allantaylor
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire, England
125 Posts

Profile of allantaylor
Apologies for hijacking the thread, I think Ill start a new one to avoid any confusion, PS Not all the photos are in colour Riley, but there are some ones in there Smile
JackCoray
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of JackCoray
Understood thanks. Please let me know when your book is available Riley.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Some good news..... (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL