The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Luke Jermay's OOTW... (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
It's a "Card Trick" in their minds.... If you want to be known as the menatalist who did "That card trick".. have at it!!!! (NOT)
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
themagnificentliam
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of themagnificentliam
Most mental magic can be adapted to mentalism givn the right context.
tricksters
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of tricksters
Wow this post fell apart quick? Yes Jeramy is a genius, his video series is seriously epic...
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Why don't you new first posters take a moment to introduce yourself before jumping into the conversation?
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
The Undertaker
Whitestar
ESP tests
etc.

OOTW can be shown to be mentalism, mediumistic effects, mental magic, or magic. As for LJ's OOTW - the core is DD & MW to which he crafted a masterful presentation.

IMHOtep
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
tricksters
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of tricksters
I just pulled out the DVD player and rematches this effect. Thank you for sparking that! It is really great! I felt it was obvious at first. It's the too pure principle.

1. The spectator can place the red or black card under any pile, wow.
2. The pacing makes it happen so fast. There can't be any keeping track.
3. They are really fairly shuffled.

The pause button, helped solidly The method. Devious! Jeramy is a genius. I saw him when I wound up in the uk. Seriously a phenomenal show! And he did similar but different effects! I wonder how many different shows he has!

Sorry bob, my name is Mike. Magic is a hobby, but I'm starting to get more into it since my girlfriend has been in the hospital undergoing testing and now chemo. I'm getting a lot of time to work on my card slights. The most I do is birthday parties for the family. But I think I have spend most of my salary on magic when I can.
Heka Siosiri
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of Heka Siosiri
It's fooling me badly too… And I'm sure the guy is doing a couple of things to lead people off track regarding the method… Cleanest ootw I've ever seen. *** him.
nimrod
View Profile
Special user
881 Posts

Profile of nimrod
I think Michael Weber and the late Dean Deal know the answer.. Come on guys, it's an old trick (and sadly out of stock. does anyone knows who sells it these days?).
The presentation is beautiful though. Sadly it's the only thing I've found useful on those 4 DVDs. I wish Luke had some experience in the corporate world.
I wonder what he will come up with if he had harnessed his creativity to create some commercial mentalistm.

Nimrod , Israel
Nestor D
View Profile
Special user
France (Paris)
830 Posts

Profile of Nestor D
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2015, nimrod wrote:
I wonder what he will come up with if he had harnessed his creativity to create some commercial mentalistm.

We have a lot of commercial mentalism out there, it felt great to see something a bit more artistic Smile
nimrod
View Profile
Special user
881 Posts

Profile of nimrod
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2015, Nestor D wrote:
Quote:

We have a lot of commercial mentalism out there, it felt great to see something a bit more artistic Smile

Actually I feel it's the exact opposite. On every corporate mentalist who shares his routines there's 20 non commercial mentalists. There's a good reason for it: when you make your living out of your routines you are not eager to share them (nor have time).
Oliver Wallen
View Profile
Regular user
London
152 Posts

Profile of Oliver Wallen
Quote:
I wish Luke had some experience in the corporate world.

In a some of his DVDs, Luke says that he is only ever booked for theaters. That should give you an indication of the kind of material he comes up with most often. Great stuff if you're doing stage work, though! Smile
nimrod
View Profile
Special user
881 Posts

Profile of nimrod
I know. This is why I said that. Maybe one day he will decide to explore the dark side..
AttnPls
View Profile
Special user
554 Posts

Profile of AttnPls
The performance used A New World deck. If you're looking for one, pm me.
AttnPls
View Profile
Special user
554 Posts

Profile of AttnPls
Https://hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/ has, I believe, ONE 'A New World' deck left in stock from Dean Dill's estate.

Grab it before it's gone!
AlexanderG
View Profile
Veteran user
No more and no less than
366 Posts

Profile of AlexanderG
I haven't got the Jermay DVDs. But is the performance people are talking about in this thread the same performance as appears here:

https://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-......ownload/

And is this the Dill and Weber version? If so, does anyone know where this can be purchased? Thanks.
AttnPls
View Profile
Special user
554 Posts

Profile of AttnPls
Um... read the post above.
AlexanderG
View Profile
Veteran user
No more and no less than
366 Posts

Profile of AlexanderG
Thanks. I did. But it's not listed under the Dill Estate items. I found it eventually when I did a product search for it.

The more recently sold item, for instance, this http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/1008, comes with a special deck, I believe. Not clear that the above item does. (Anyone know where to purchase this deck? I don't know what kind of deck it is.)

Thanks.
AttnPls
View Profile
Special user
554 Posts

Profile of AttnPls
I give up.
Medifro
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami
1261 Posts

Profile of Medifro
Jeremy was using a Jerry Nugget, which unless he made the Dill/Weber deck himself or Weber did it for him ( which would take a significant time and would destroy a rare deck) , the deck is probably normal.

I thought its the Dill/Weber trick too
Oliver Wallen
View Profile
Regular user
London
152 Posts

Profile of Oliver Wallen
Jermay does often advocate his fondness for making his own gimmicks...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Luke Jermay's OOTW... (19 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL