The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Vent-elation by John Kimmons (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4295 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
I recently recieved my copy of Kimmo's new book "Vent-elation. Bringing soft puppets to life"

I have to say it's great.

It's advertised as a beginner's guide but I think performers of all levels will get a lot from it. Especially in the script writing parts. I think it will also be a good idea for some seasoned pros to read it and check up on their technique.

It is great for beginners though. Most of the vent books I've read in the past seemed to have a lot of filler while not actually going properly into the mechanics of how to vent. John's book is the opposite of that. Really great concise instructions and advice on vocal technique, puppet manipulation and script writing.

The book also contains a bunch of great comedy scripts for a diverse collection of vent characters. They're fantastic.

All in all, well worth checking out:
http://www.kimmo.co.uk/store.html

George
ventdaddy
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of ventdaddy
Mine is in the post. Looking forward to reading this
Kimmo1
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Kimmo1
Hi everyone! Just resurrecting this old thread to say that VENT-ELATION is now available as a digital download. Order now and download yours right away for £20 (around $25).

Here's the link:

http://kimmomagicshop.com/product/vent-e......ownload/

Here are a couple of reviews:

A REVIEW FROM DAVE ANDREWS, PROFESSIONAL VENTRILOQUIST:

The name ‘John Kimmons’ has become synonymous with the word ‘Quality’.
John has now written a book.
The sort of book that needed writing.
A very basic book with 86 pages.
VENT-ELATION, the title of the book, is aimed, on purpose, at anyone wanting to start doing ventriloquism. Even the seasoned ventriloquist will find it valuable, if only as a ‘reminder’ about certain aspects of the art – and it is an art.
When I started to read it, I couldn’t put it down – I HAD to read it all. Not exactly the way to learn anything, but I guarantee you will do the same – but then, do take it chapter by chapter … slowly!
The information John shares is GOLD DUST to the beginner ventriloquist.
From the Introduction right the way through to the sample scripts, every page and every word should be treated like the best meal you have ever eaten. Eat it slowly and enjoy it.
Follow John’s advice and you cannot fail to become a great ventriloquist – it will take time, and it won’t be easy, but it will be rewarding.
I started by saying this is a very basic book – it is. The basics of building a solid foundation on which to begin your journey into ventriloquism, and one that you should refer back to when you have ‘got it’.
I cannot recommend this book highly enough, and I am sure it will become a classic with the passage of time – such is the content.
Many congratulations, John.

A REVIEW FROM BILL ROGERS:

I read John Kimmons’ new book yesterday and, having finished it (and you’ll never believe this) I didn’t put it in a drawer or a cupboard or anything. This morning, I started putting something from the book into practice, namely the brainstorming ideas bit for the skunk puppet that I also got from John. I had been playing with the puppet yesterday so had a voice for her but that was about it so, I worked with the ideas in the book to do a brainstorming session, something I have never done in a formal way before and the ideas just leapt onto the page and connecting lines sprang up everywhere and I am now really excited for writing the script. I will be taking some of the ideas from the 6 scripts in the book but I will change the content quite a bit but keep the theme.
John, I have never been able to come up with creative ideas before so your book has made an immediate impact on my vent skills, and this is before I start on the wealth of knowledge you have shared on the skills of actually venting. Thank you very much for this wonderful book, it will get much use for quite a while.
If anyone is unsure whether to get this book or not, I can not recommend it highly enough. I am not connected with John Kimmons in any way (other than being a fan) and I am not famous, I am just a bloke who entertains children with magic and a bit of vent, in other words, exactly the type of bloke that this book will help A LOT!!!!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » Vent-elation by John Kimmons (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL