The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Messado rings help (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

egmorrell
View Profile
New user
Bristol, TN
29 Posts

Profile of egmorrell
Hey all, I got my messado rings yesterday, and I absolutely love them! I picked them up really quick and am loving practicing. But there's one problem and that's the pinky link pain that I'm having. (hope that's not exposure). Half the time when I do the link my pinky gets almost cut, and it's really starting to become a bother. I figured it's something that goes away once I get good, but I'm wondering if my technique is causing this. I use messados directions on the DVD. Did anyone else run into this? Any help?
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
No problem like that here. Are your fingers very large maybe?

Jim
egmorrell
View Profile
New user
Bristol, TN
29 Posts

Profile of egmorrell
No worries anymore, I discovered I was holding too far down on the key. Problem sovled.
CodyB
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of CodyB
Hey egmorrell,

I don't have the Messado rings as of yet, but I do have a 4" set from Empire Magic. I have had the same problem. I thought that I would just have to get used to the extreme pinches I was giving myself. I'ts nice to know that I am probably just holding them wrong. I'm looking forward to trying again.

Also, did you get Messado's DVD? If so, would you recommend it? I'm looking into getting it, but I just want to get a few opinions first.
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
I think it's great. But I have little to compare it to, with it being the only set of close-up rings I own. The rings themselves end up looking seriously battered, though, because the black coating chips a lot.
egmorrell
View Profile
New user
Bristol, TN
29 Posts

Profile of egmorrell
CodyB, I have the silver messado rings, so mine don't really look chipped. But the messado DVD is great. Seriously awesome. He's a great teacher and if you want to learn the exact routine he uses and some ring flourishes, the DVD is a must have.
Oscar999
View Profile
Elite user
401 Posts

Profile of Oscar999
I realize this thread is a couple of months old - but I have the black Messado rings and I absolutely love them. And, I've experienced no chipping problems and if you watch my routine you'll see I bang the heck out of 'em ...

You won't see too many of Messado's style of handling, I think I only borrowed a couple of his moves. My routine is a pretty basic linking ring routine with a sequence from the Lance Pearce book about Roger Klause. It's almost the same routine I do with my larger linking rings.

Just wanted to chime in about the black rings. I have a set, use them all the time ... have had no problems.

Oscar

https://youtu.be/et2elxDdIDg
Race Blakhart
View Profile
Special user
Selma,CA
623 Posts

Profile of Race Blakhart
I just wanted to add, my black rings started chipping within the first month. And I wasn't especially rough with them. And they only ever fell on carpet.
I guess it's a toss-up on whether we get a decent coating or not.
RDeNatale
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of RDeNatale
Quote:
On Nov 1, 2015, J-Mac wrote:
No problem like that here. Are your fingers very large maybe?

Jim

IIRC on the DVD he talks about adjusting the g*p in the k** r***g to fit yourself.
RickDangerous
View Profile
Special user
I can't believe I made
974 Posts

Profile of RickDangerous
My rings look very used now, a lot of chipping but I realized, that's actually a good thing. I can tell people to handle them respectfully since they are (in fact just look) old.
"Reality is what you can get away with."
Robert A. Wilson

"Think for yourself and question authority."
Timothy Leary
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
It is not a good thing. Any marks allow the public to get a bearing on the fact that the ring is hit in one area more than others which is pointing to the issue.

I've seen some amazing ring work with damaged rings so I know a good performance can get past it. But it is not a good thing.

-Mary Mowder
Rocky
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Rocky
I've held back from getting these rings and am glad that I have. Why take a risk that the set I receive is one that is prone to chipping? I don't believe Ellusionist is a company that is strictly in the business to improve the quality of magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Messado rings help (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL