The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Christmas Themed Magic (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Aus
View Profile
Special user
Australia
887 Posts

Profile of Aus
As the festive season for 2015 comes ever closer many magicians will no doubt be doing a Christmas show or two as the year comes to an end. With that in mind I thought now would be a great time to get creative juices flowing on Christmas themed presentations for tricks. To set the focus of this thread, I would like to focus on Christmas presentations for standard tricks like cut and restore rope etc because well it's easy enough to buy the latest themed Christmas trick from a magic shop, I suspect that most magicians have more then enough material sitting in their books and DVDs at home that could be enough for a complete Christmas show if given a little thought.

To get the ball rolling and to spur ideas I thought that I would share a Christmas Card Trick that's suited to a parlor setting. The trick in question is The Great Pearl Mystery out of the book Encyclopedia of Card tricks by Jean Hugard, my contribution is simply the presentation.

On a table sits four drinking glasses each containing one of the four queens and a fifth glass that sits behind these fours holds a single king of diamonds.

On Christmas eve four little girls in four different houses decided to go to bed early ready for Santa (point to the King of Diamonds) to arrive to deliver their presents, in preparation for Santa's arrival each girl put out a cup of hot coco (magician places the four aces face out against each glass).

When Santa eventually arrived and was about to drink each of the hot coco (the magician gathers each of the aces and places them behind the kind of diamonds) one of the little girls woke up to investigate what the noise was. Santa quickly put all the cocos back before the little girl found out what the commotion was (the magician replaces each ace face down against each glass an places the king back into the fifth glass).

In the morning when the three girls woke up each found something very surprising. Despite Santa being interrupted each girl found that a present had been left where their cup of coco was (magician turns over the face down aces to reveal that each has now become one of the four eights).

Santa must of got is hot coco after all (the magicians takes the King from it's glass and spreads it across the table or in his hand to reveal the four aces are now with the King of Diamonds).

I look forward to any other ideas that others may like to share.

Magically

Aus
Fabius
View Profile
New user
Germany
76 Posts

Profile of Fabius
Right out of the press:
https://www.amazekids.com/magic-download......s-theme/
In an Amazekids/Danny Orleans edition for only 10 Bucks …
DaveGripenwaldt
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of DaveGripenwaldt
I just thought of this reading the post. Do a Christmas Confabulous.

You say, “I not only try to get ahead on my Christmas shopping, but I like to get a jump on my thank you notes”. Have a spectator tell you what he’d give you for Christmas and you pull out a thank you note thanking him that that exact Gift.

Could do the same thing with a th***b Wr***r.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3077 Posts

Profile of Julie
One year for a magic club meeting we dressed up an Abbott's/Hughes' ATTABOY in a Santa outfit and called him SANTABOY. I can't quite recall the routine, but it used Santa-backed playing cards and a special Christmas Gift for the helper.

Julie
Aus
View Profile
Special user
Australia
887 Posts

Profile of Aus
Nice Idea's everyone, here are some more from my bank of routines.

Using Bob Hummer's 3-object principle get three blank cards and on one side of each write naughty, nice and nicest. Explain that Santa knows if you naughty or nice and if you put on a this Santa hat you are imbued with Santa like powers. Have one of the cards picked and turned face down and have the cards mixed as per the routine well your back is turned and you can pick the selected card each time.

The next one is a professor nightmare routine, in a small box you say you have Christmas ornaments (the magician removes three different colored balls) but also the rope to hang the ornaments on the tree are also in the bag (the magician removes the three different length ropes). The magician realizing that he has a problem with the ropes not being the same length to hang on the tree he has to use magic to make them all the same size. Elaborate the routine more or less as required.

This is more of a stunt then a magic trick but a good novelty piece to throw into your program. Explain that you think you have worked out how Santa fits down the chimney, but since you don't have a chimney you will show them the same thing using a piece of a4 paper. Proceed to cut the paper in the way explained here and follow through on your claim. http://www.kidzone.ws/magic/walkthrough.htm

A Bank Night routine with letters from Santa as the theme where one letter has a candy cane in it as the prize well the others have letters have funny excuses like rudolph ate them on the way back to the north pole or there was a hole is Santa's sack and most of them feel out on delivering presents to Africa etc. The final letter left to the performer proves to be the only one with the candy cane.

Magically

Aus
DaveGripenwaldt
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of DaveGripenwaldt
What about a bill-to-orniment? Could use the bill to cigar method using the $100 B.S.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3077 Posts

Profile of Julie
Quote:
On Nov 13, 2015, DaveGripenwaldt wrote:
What about a bill-to-orniment? Could use the bill to cigar method using the $100 B.S.

...or a card to ornament via intercessor. Have several prepared, place one (not loaded) you have supposedly chosen at random into a plastic bag and break it revealing it is empty. Place the spectator's ornament into a plastic bag and break it revealing the selected card sans corner.

Julie
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
7536 Posts

Profile of funsway
Check out the December version of TopHat magazine
"there is real merit in the magician who tries to be creative – from such endeavors magic sustains its life energy." Harold Rice

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
wizardpa
View Profile
Special user
The New Orleans area
999 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
Use some Christmas Tree Balls in your egg bag.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Christmas Themed Magic (8 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL