The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Palming a jumbo card? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

prestidigitation
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of prestidigitation
There's a routine I'm trying to get down for an act that includes a torn, vanish, restore bit. The instructions call for palming the card at one point, but I'm having trouble with my jumbo deck cards. Has anyone had this problem?
What can I do? Maybe a giant fake hand?
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
I developed a new way to "palm" a super jumbo card for my recently released Clown Clones in the Mini-Mysteries Book 4 section of the Magic Nook. It is an effect with nine cards, but actually takes ten cards to perform and one has to be "palmed away" in order to finish. If you are interested in seeing my new, and as far as I know never before thought of, vanish of a card that size (8.5" x 11") you might want to check it out.

As for palming a regular 5x7 inch jumbo card, once it is folded in fourths, it is no bigger than a regular card and can easily be palmed.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
In manipulation, they use an adoption of the Ten Kai Palm for jumbo cards. Many angle problems to adjust for, but it works for magicians like the late Richard Ross and others.

Sorry, but, I can't tell you if I have a problem with a trick, you did not reference in any way.
That1MagicGuy
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of That1MagicGuy
Horret Wu has an amazing fism act with jumbo cards, think you might be interested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OLyu1969kU
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2015, prestidigitation wrote:
Maybe a giant fake hand?

LOL!

Here you go:

http://odditymall.com/giant-man-hands-gloves
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Palming a jumbo card? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL