The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Tyvex printed with newsprint? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Glad I could help.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
This is a great item to use for the new effect "SPLIT".
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Years ago when toying with the idea of doing Gene Anderson's T&R newspaper I started to look for an alternative to the wire for the gimmick. I ended up replacing it with some newsprint fabric with ragged edges onto which I sewed some white velcro. I 'dotted' the velcro with black marker pen to make it blend in with the newsprint. The 'restored' newspaper was held in place by the overlapping newsprint fabric strip which was in turn held in place by the velcro.

At the appropriate time the velcro was pulled free, which just happened to sound exactly like a bit of newspaper being torn, and the fabric was wrapped round the torn pieces and overlapping these newsprint flaps were velcro'd again on the other side.. Because the fabric was loose there was no bending of metal required.

This might be worth trying.

I got lured away by the Elmesley slo-motion verion of the T&R newspaper so this idea never got further than practice and rehearsals.
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
magicjohn2278
View Profile
Special user
Isle of Man UK
544 Posts

Profile of magicjohn2278
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2015, Ihop wrote:
Bill,
It's either the computer OS or the software being used. I may be wrong but I feel that the currency detection software is in the OS of the computer or the scanning software program. It's a software issue, not hardware. Not the scanner itself.
I recently learned that Photoshop has currency detection software encoded to prevent printing. Many Adobe products contain this detection software. There's a workaround using "ImageReady" but I haven't tried it yet.

I say this because the printer is not in play during an unsuccessful scan. And the scanner is turned off while trying to print a stitched image.
Ive tried this on both Windows and Macintosh.
I'll like to do more searching on this topic. Can you please provide me with your source stating "The new USB scanners are hard wired in the scanner itself to detect real currency."

You might want to Google "eurion constellation" - I found it facinating!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Tyvex printed with newsprint? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL