The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » For the record » » 1 2 3 4 Force or how to investigate Magic History (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Beltorak
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Beltorak
Hello everybody,

the other day, I was approached by a friend of a friend, and we started a discussion about the importance of knowing the history of Magic, the History of slights and moves. He did ask me about a particular fo"rce, and what it's name is and who "invented" it. Now, I am a hobbyist and I had to admit that I had no idea where to start. I went through my books and DVD's, but was not able to find anything. So I wonder....and maybe you can help me with this:

a.) The Fo"rce, were you name 4 Objects and then start to count (1 2 3 4) depending on the outcome - what is it's name? and is there a record when it was first used and by whom?
b.) In general, how do you investigate such things? is there a library existing? a place where I would be able to find it?

tks to everyone for your help.
kind regards
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1451 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
Beltorak
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Beltorak
Hey Uli,
thank you very much, that is exactly what I was looking for - great!
b rgds
Moxahalla
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Moxahalla
Everyone should know at least the basic HISTORY of their own chosen craft/profession.

How much do you want to bet that if I asked millennials on the street (here in Hollywood) who say they want to be an actor...that they would have no idea who or what a "Humphrey Bogurt" is, nor a "Tyrone Power", or what "Citizen Kane" is, etc..........or any relevant actor or film prior to 1990.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
6228 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2017, Moxahalla wrote:
Everyone should know at least the basic HISTORY of their own chosen craft/profession.

How much do you want to bet that if I asked millennials on the street (here in Hollywood) who say they want to be an actor...that they would have no idea who or what a "Humphrey Bogurt" is, nor a "Tyrone Power", or what "Citizen Kane" is, etc..........or any relevant actor or film prior to 1990.

Yes! "Those who don't study history, are condemned to repeat it!"
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » For the record » » 1 2 3 4 Force or how to investigate Magic History (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL