The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Impromptu Force of a Word... (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Eaden Marti
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Eaden Marti
Hi everyone,

I've be working on an effect, and I've come to an issue. I need to force a word, and I would like to do that without using "unnatural", if any props.

Does anyone know of a "mental" word force?

Any ideas?

Please respond, or PM me!

Thanks!
kalebzebadi
View Profile
New user
Bristol, UK
100 Posts

Profile of kalebzebadi
Well you've read my mind, I'm after one as well to add to my walkaround routines!
Eaden Marti
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Eaden Marti
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2016, kalebzebadi wrote:
Well you've read my mind, I'm after one as well to add to my walkaround routines!

Well, let's hope someone has an idea!
Eaden Marti
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Eaden Marti
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2016, kalebzebadi wrote:

This is the closest thing I've found so far!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4810
kalebzebadi
View Profile
New user
Bristol, UK
100 Posts

Profile of kalebzebadi
Looks cool !
Have you downloaded it?

I have absolutely no idea on the method to this!
Eaden Marti
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Eaden Marti
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2016, kalebzebadi wrote:
Looks cool !
Have you downloaded it?

I have absolutely no idea on the method to this!

Yeah I did get it! It's definitely not a full performance in the demo video (unfortunately because that'd be magic Smile ), that being said, I still think it's pretty good. I have yet to use it live, but I plan to soon.

For $10 I think it's worth it; he gives you a lot of info and ideas in two PDFs and a video, which is really nice.
kalebzebadi
View Profile
New user
Bristol, UK
100 Posts

Profile of kalebzebadi
I read the reviews and people say that people will kind of work it out after they have left?

Not good for me because I see a lot of the same people coming back sometimes xD
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
799 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Nice but not in my style,just a personal opinion Smile
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
799 Posts

Profile of markhitton
I prefer forcing a word with a book and a riffle force or a billet switch.
Or you can do it during a preshow Smile
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
799 Posts

Profile of markhitton
The s....a gimmick method used by mc leod can be a convincer Smile
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
799 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Doing it with the right prop and timing can be the right solution Smile
plmqaz1243
View Profile
Regular user
Only has
141 Posts

Profile of plmqaz1243
Peter Turner's "Wish you were here" is a good propless force of a specific landscape. I've never seen Total Control before, but knowing Matt's work, I'm sure its devious!
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Do you need to force a specific word?

Can you come up with a Chunnel or a mental yarn type of force? These are highly adaptable principles.
Gordon the discombobulator
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of Gordon the discombobulator
Is it a word they think of at random, or a specific word you want them to think of ?

Write down several words and PATEO force the word.

if it is a common word (say for example TREE) then ask them to give you a list of things you might find a large garden. pretend to write all their answers but write TREE on every piece of paper. Then ask them to pick any piece of paper. hide/destroy the other pieces of paper.

An excellent method for guessing a random word is Atlas Brooking's Train Tracking, but that needs some time to understand and practice the method.
RussoMagic.com
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of RussoMagic.com
Not impromptu but if you could carry the card gimmick in your wallet you could make it check out 'booked' good one word but you need a book. I have the DVD if you're interested p.m. me
Russo
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of Russo
Just to say hello - Ralph(russo)Rousseau -- user name for 'search' is - 'russo'- usually in the 'Fellowship of Christian Magicians' forum -'good news section' . Had a Brother-in-law whos last name was Russo ---I'm French -- Wife is Italian. Correspond??? Ralph
ThomasJ
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
725 Posts

Profile of ThomasJ
You could do "Toxic" wherein each number of the result will represent a letter in the alphabet. Obviously pick a word (if possible) that wouldnt require the spectator to do too much counting to arrive at each the letter. The less vowels, the more believable it'd likely be.

T.J.
Peej
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Peej
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2016, Gordon the discombobulator wrote:
Is it a word they think of at random, or a specific word you want them to think of ?

Write down several words and PATEO force the word.

if it is a common word (say for example TREE) then ask them to give you a list of things you might find a large garden. pretend to write all their answers but write TREE on every piece of paper. Then ask them to pick any piece of paper. hide/destroy the other pieces of paper.

An excellent method for guessing a random word is Atlas Brooking's Train Tracking, but that needs some time to understand and practice the method.

Can you please enlighten me as to what pateo is? Sorry. Beginner here. :3
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1220 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
I have one created by me if you want.. you'll force a name Smile
http://boescreations.shop
10S Star Sign Divination AVAILABLE WITH DISCOUNT
Forty Six & 2
View Profile
New user
Yippee!! I finally have
66 Posts

Profile of Forty Six & 2
I would recommend the Svenpad, or something similar. I'm not sure if a spectator would class a note-pad as a prop, and the fairness of the selection should make the pad pretty much invisible and fall well below suspicion.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Impromptu Force of a Word... (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL