The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Factory Blanks by Tom Stone. (172 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..20~21~22 [Next]
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
939 Posts

Profile of andykean
Mine arrived great utility Smile
TheBentos
View Profile
Loyal user
Grim North
246 Posts

Profile of TheBentos
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2016, Card-Shark wrote:
@Prince: 59

@all: the lighting conditions at MagiFest were everything but not good. Something where the organisers hopefully improve in the future as a few chandeliers do not light up a tent really well. The cards however were easily to be seen. When the spectator needs a second to identify the card, then this is not a problem at all and even helps the fact that for the audience there is nothing to be seen (on seemingly blank cards). That is the concept of Dual Reality. Not a single person I showed a card struggled to identify the value yet. I will do some grey decks, however I believe that a light grey color is still seen as white by the audience as there is no comparison to white nearby. That the human eye can easily been tricked can be prooved with many different optical illusions.

I just returned from my third convention this year. There is a difference if you buy a product because of rumors in a forum or an advertisement. Or if you buy it after seeing the cards live and understanding what it is about. Because you can decide and buy "educated". The results so far:

The Session in London: sold out
MagiFest in USA: sold out
ArgenMagia in Buenos Aires: sold out

I could not care less about the so called "Facts" of a royal imposter hanging out in this Café.

I agree Christian, I first of all thought it would be good to have a double blank matching deck, but after using it quite a few times, the audience notice no difference between this and a regular double blank 'white' deck.
The only thing I would like, and I know you could do this easily, is have replacement 'factory blank' boxes made available.
Do you think this is something you could do?
Willie mcgregor
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Willie mcgregor
Ha ha mine arrived and due to traveling I forgot to look at it.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Feb 11, 2016, Tarik Flash wrote:
With respect RNK being mature if you think he is going on and on your opinion and you are entitled to it is to not bite back . Surely that's what being mature is all about in my opinion rising above it and not letting it effect you regards Tarik 😊

Well.... now there is no need to bite back. The filter Robmonster so graciously shared has shielded me from his rambling nonsense FACT posts. So all is good!

Funny how you preach about maturity yet you go back and forth with Mercman and criticize him about "seeing better mnagicainns than him: etc.... And you facebook rant, "Facebook is for knobs to tell knobs they are knobs IMHO." And yes, I do see you have had your own "back and forth" run ins with PRINCE, i.e. "I have just asked a couple of magicians Prince one who is a newbie and one who is not both said impossible a gimmick must be in play . Anyone with a grain of interest in magic with a brain realises this except you it would seem . So did exactly what you asked and that was their responses , which everyone bar you it would seem would have known anyway . And this, "Sorry if I mis advised you all oops easy isn't it , my bad . They said that a gimmicked card must be in play , thought Prince was going to spot that robd and was trying to reel Prince in ( you spoil sport ) yes you are right though not worth keeping on as Prince wants everyone to agree with him and many won't . I never will so has got the wrong person with me , anyway best leave it as is feeding his delusional ego and agree with others it's immature . "

So I see you must have finally taken your own advice to me about PRINCE.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark

Your response gave me an idea about how to find out about your identity, Cinderello:
All I have to do is to show the factory blank cards to every magician I see. The only one who will not be able to see the card values must be you!

Did not expect that a deck of cards would turn into a crystal shoe...
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
TStone
View Profile
V.I.P.
Stockholm, Sweden
774 Posts

Profile of TStone
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2016, magicmarkworldwide2 wrote:
... but Dealers have a level of responsibility. Dealers are the Faces of magic, each should respect their customers opinions

Where's that written? I can't recall that any treaties to that effect have been signed or even mentioned, neither by "dealers" nor "customers".
It's a moot point anyway, since Christian isn't a dealer but a producer, and as such, he is supposed to take pride in his work, just as I take pride in my work as a performer.
And had this been about someone's opinions, it would have been a different thing completely. But the case here is that some people are stating that their subjective opinions are to be considered more factual than the actual facts.
No one would have objected to a statement like "the effects with this prop are really bad", or "I don't like the handling"... People are entitled to their subjective opinions. But when completely misrepresenting something by making up untrue things and present them as "facts", well, then it is not only prudent but almost required that those with the most knowledge on the matter make corrections.

Christian have been travelling. It is not a trivial thing to make greasemonkey scripts run on mobile units.
If your german is better than Christian's english, then maybe you would have a point commenting on the language.
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
No treaties. Just common courtesy. Widely regarded in my country anyway.

And in other news... Oh no, not the whole 'DEALER VS PRODUCER' argument again. Card Shark is an online shop that sells MAGIC PRODUCTS to customers...some products that have been PRODUCED and made by other people... that makes them a DEALER. Card Shark isn't special.

Answer this question then... If CARD SHARK isn't a DEALER, Why is it listed on the DEALERS LIST FOR BLACKPOOL CONVENTION THEN HUH? Why has it got a table in the DEALER HALL? LOL.

KA BOOM.
iNFiNiTi | The Red Pill Magician | SHOCK NOT IMPRESS
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
I expect we won't be seeing Card Shark at Blackpool then... that's such a shame for everyone.
Craigers
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Craigers
Is magicmarkworldwide2 a pseudonym for PRINCE. His posts are beginning to look like PRINCE's, with ranty words in capitals. Anyway...to you both (or maybe the same person), Opinions are like As*holes....everybody has got one !
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
You sound German.
Craigers
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Craigers
Scottish , och aye the noo
TStone
View Profile
V.I.P.
Stockholm, Sweden
774 Posts

Profile of TStone
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2016, magicmarkworldwide2 wrote:
No treaties. Just common courtesy. Widely regarded in my country anyway..

All hail the mighty mammon... Maybe that's your religion, but it's not mine.
Quote:
And in other news... Oh no, not the whole 'DEALER VS PRODUCER' argument again. Card Shark is an online shop that sells MAGIC PRODUCTS to customers...some products that have been PRODUCED and made by other people... that makes them a DEALER. Card Shark isn't special.

Which items have been produced by others?
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
Why is Card Shark registered as a Dealer at Blackpool if they are not a Dealer?
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Last year you might remember that I was booked as a lecturer and also performed in the close up show. This year I am exhibiting in the dealer room.

If you would not be so childish, you would be able to figure out the "dilemma" yourself. Look at Mark Mason, Chris Smith of Magic Smith, Losander, Vanishing Inc, Alakazam, Paul Richards, Joker and Astor, just to name a few. These are all creators and producers who come to these conventions. Enjoy it when you are there. Because you have the chance to talk to the guys who thought up their products. Ask them questions why they did what they did. If you doubt the working of a trick, THIS is the chance to talk with them face to face. INTRODUCE yourself and get out of your anonymity. We are a community, and only a few are sharing what they create. (The rest of magicians are "consuming" what others created, think about it the next time you try to be unique when performing.) If you believe that I am making money with what I am doing: true. I hope you also have a job to make a living. If it is magic related then I am sure you are paid as well when you work. (Probably you are using effects or items others created. Even a deck of cards someone needed to produce for you, so that you can shine.)

Dealers buy stuff someone made with a dealer discount and sell it for retail price. The difference is their profit (certainly after all expenses of traveling, dealer table, registration etc.).
If you are not aware of the difference between a producer and a dealer, then educate yourself by reading some books about economy. Definitely worth it.

If the organizers of the conventions continue calling it a dealer room instead of - say - a showroom, then I have no influence on that. But you can ask many people I deal with that I am talking to convention organizers around this world to get their awareness that this should change. Because more and more the producers are going to the conventions. Once again; use the opportunity when you go to the showroom, these guys are more clever than you in most cases. Learn from them...

See you guys in Blackpool, happy to show you the working of the Factory Blanks there, say hello, give me a face to your name, what Poofdaddy did at MagiFest, and what Tom and I do here with using our real photos.

Chinese Proverb
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2016, MarcLavelle wrote:
I find it hilarious that some magicians think that dealers/producers/creators etc owe THEM...

Over 95% of 'magicians' are tribute artists, without dealers/producers/creators etc, you would have roughly zero new material.

Show some respect to the people that are giving you the title of 'magician'

If you don't like a product/routine, that is totally fine, each to their own! However, saying it doesn't work, when it clearly does (I HAVE performed with it) is disrespectful.

Marc that maybe the case but 95% plus of all so called new effects are copies of old principles reinvented slightly and I know you in particular know that . I bought and love your changeling but that is very similar to Miickael Chatelains Bill flash effect that was even originally called something else before that when I bought it . There is nothing wrong in that . Magicians sell effects and routines which magicians then add their own personality and uniqueness to them and that's cool too . Unfortunately Christian started acting up to his potential customers when that's not good business sense and then didn't like the inevitable pelters he got back . It then becomes laughable when he starts comparing himself as a performer and a dealer to the very very best in the business .
alexlatorre
View Profile
Regular user
Barcelona
187 Posts

Profile of alexlatorre
In any case, I can't wait to get my Factory Blanks!
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Again we sold out at a convention, sorry that I did not meet Tarik in person.

Regarding using Factory Blanks for Close Up: someone sent me a great idea that really works: Show the deck as blank cards, also hand out the double blank card for examination. Keep the deck in New Deck Order.

As blank cards could represent any card, "picking" a card would not really make sense. If they would have the choice, which card would they select? Let them name a card. Ask for their phone (Iphone cameras seem to work better than Samsung cameras) and while they are searching for it, cut to their named card. Take back the double blank card - Top Change - make a photo with THEIR phone while they are holding that card into the camera. Make sure to turn off the flash, otherwise it will not work.

Hand them their phone and take back the card - topchange - placing down the double blank. Let them zoom into the white card and a ghostly image of their named selection should appear right there. Experiment with your own phone to get a feeling for the right distance and make sure to tap on the card for focus so that the image on the phone will appear sharp.

They will blame you that you manipulated their phone, but so far nobody thought the secret would have been in the cards.

I am torn with the "double blank cards" in grey or white. I am willing to produce the grey double blank cards but it will take a while. I am still sure that plain double blank cards would do the same job.
The only "problem" would be that there is no white card case that would have the words "Factory Blanks" written on it. And to keep the white reference to the cards, this card case should match the color of the cards inside. Just imagine you would put white cards into the greyish card case of the Factory Blanks, this would be obvious. But if you switch the greyish cards in the greyish box for white cards in a white box this would easily work and stay unnoticed.

Chinese Proverb
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Hi Christian I endeavoured to find your stand as I was only there on the Friday but spoke to Roger in The Ruskin on the Friday night and he said you were not there until the Saturday and your stand wasn't open on the Fruday as trust me I was looking out for you especially but at as you never bothered setting up on the Friday like all the other dealers I couldn't do a lot about it . Funny how you never mentioned it before the convention lol its cheap to talk after the event you could have pmed me and told me your movements if you wanted to big it up . I know where you normally are somewhere near card collection area but you wasn't there as was looking forward to meeting you . Maybe I will see you at the international convention unless you over here before Tarik Smile
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
I certainly was there, the stand is - for nearly ten years - between Gyklaren and Joker, with a BIG sign of me, and has never moved.

We have to set up our stands - always - on the Thursdays and open up our stands on Friday at 11:00. What we certainly did. Not sure with which Roger you spoke...

Chinese Proverb
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
We were opposite Card Shark and we were both there all 3 days and set up on Thursday.

Our stand backed onto Card Collection and Card shark were opposite us.

We have them in stock http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magi......one.html
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Factory Blanks by Tom Stone. (172 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..20~21~22 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL