The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » RUNES (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Austen
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Austen
So I came up with this just the other day using a simple old trick.
A wooden box of hand made futhark runes is presented complete with some old linen cord. the cords are removed and shown.the runes are passed around. An explanation on how some believe casting runes should be done weekly, monthly, quarterly but most can not really agree. these runes are different. pick 3 runes to bind and place them on the cord. tie a knot to bind them, as you can see they can be worn. every night upon retirement place them in the box with the others leaving the cord hanging gout. tie it in a cross like you would a parcel. If the RUNES are ready to be cast THEY will let YOU know. have the spectators open the box. a mysterious force has removed the runes signaling they can be re cast.
What do you think? has it been presented like this before?
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Sounds good. Is that using a single cord, or the usual double cord for the penetration? I would suggest that you "read" the runes chosen, explaining that they foretell good fortune in the near future. Then, when the box is tied up, hand the person a lottery card (the scratch off type you can make yourself) as a test. Use Add-a-No to choose a "number at random" as if for a lottery, then have the person scratch off the lottery card to discover that he won the lottery! Tell him that if the runes are still tied on the cord, there is more good fortune to come and he should go right out and buy a lottery ticket for a real lottery. But alas, the runes have reset, so all he wins is your little lottery for which the prize is some give-away item.
Austen
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Austen
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2016, jimgerrish wrote:
Sounds good. Is that using a single cord, or the usual double cord for the penetration?

Thanks Jim, nice suggestion, you got me looking up how to make scratch lottery tickets now Smile

Yes its the double cord, but I don't think Grandma would where them, not really her taste.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Spellbinder came up with a quick and easy way to make lottery ticket tabs for his "Lotto" effect in The Wizards' Journal #5. He puts them on the back of his business cards so they have a "souvenir" to keep along with the cheapo prize. His lottery cards are used with a tarot deck theme, which is in keeping with your rune presentation.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
If you want to be able to do it with just a single cord, you can use John Snyder's 1930 method called "Block-Kord." If you aren't familiar with it, it is described in The Wizards' Journal #16-07 - under the name "Billy Blockhead." Qua-Fiki made a video that shows it in action. You would just need to hold the runes together and thread the cord through all three (or more) of them at once.
Austen
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Austen
Thanks Jim, I think ill stay with the double coard, it makes the handling easier. Did you catch a lok at it? I put it in bizzare. here is a link if you missed it https://scontent-syd1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hph......18_o.jpg
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Yes, I saw it. That's when I realized that the single cord "Block-Kord" method would work. I had been visualizing wooden beads as in the original Grandma's Bead trick.

The Checkers Necklace removal would also work with the runes you have pictured, but not inside the box. They would have to be worn on the cord as shown in Mikame's version: http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magi......ick.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » RUNES (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL