The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Audio remote and iphone app (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rude-Dog
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Rude-Dog
Hi guys, can anyone reccomend a good wireless remote control to cue music on stage?

Also any good apps for iphone/iPod that stage guys use?

I want as simple a set up as possible. Iphone into mixing desk. Then a remote to trigger it.

Cheers

Andy
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
23632 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On Nov 22, 2014, gothike wrote:
Best Buy app is $9.99 and runs on android tablets or phones. A remote control that would work with that device would be a PowerPoint remote control and on eBay there about $10 or you could probably get a Logitech R200 and that's about $30.

Since 1994 for over 10 years I have been recommending Ijet remote control and that will operate your Apple device. They run about $25. The show cues people have a special iChat that has a magnetic button so you could trigger the remotes using a magnetic ring but the remote would run $50.00.

iPhone apps are OneTrack for $15 and the Show Cues app is $89, the difference between the apps is the look and show cues has a couple more bells and whistles or features.

If you price everything correctly as I mentioned you could have both systems for less than $100.

Currently the issue with the IJet and some users is that the remote control is having range and reliability issues. It's interference from other wireless equipment and signals that are blocking a proper transmission and receiving.

However hundreds of magicians and performers that I have recommended that brand of remote control have no issues and have successfully use that remote for years. It's worth a try at only $25.

In the spring of 2015 the Show Cues people are going to release a brand-new long distance iPhone-iPad remote control and that will solve all the issues.

But as I said you may not even experience any issues yourself in your area or the areas you work at so with the regular off-the-shelf iJet. You should be able to trigger your Apple Device from 150 feet.

Gothike mentioned everything previously in a different thread. Either Show Cues or OneTrack apps iPhones/iPods/iPads. iJet is a great remote.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
23632 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
746 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Info on the new remote that works incredibly well with Show Cues is found at audioaperemote.com. You can purchase this remote at conjuringcabinet.com. This will be the best remote on the market by a long shot and was just shown at MagicFest this past weekend.
Rude-Dog
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Rude-Dog
Thanks for your help. They sound perfect. Also, forgive my ignorance here, with the app will it just play one track and then stop at the end?

The remote is to just set the next track playing rather than worrying about pausing the music before the next track comes on?

Thanks

Andy
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
427 Posts

Profile of gothike
Andy,

ShowCues and OneTrack will STOP at the end and Cue to the next song.

ShowCues currently has more features than any 3rd party app in the AppStore.

They both Stop the music at the end of it playing, move to the Next song in your playlist without playing it. All you do is hit Play again. They also operate Manually, without a remote. So you can Buy them and use them.

They both have a option/feature that you can delay the Play of the song. You press Play and the song will not play for X amount of seconds, for example 10 seconds.
Control your Show Music from a PC from 800 ft away with a remote control. Send me a message to find out how......
Rude-Dog
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Rude-Dog
Awesome. Just had a look on the app store and a few tutorials on YouTube.

Fantastic speedy help!

Many thanks,

Andy
TDS
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of TDS
If you are looking for a complete solution that's easy to use, you should consider Cue Command. Cue Command is the only product that offers a total solution. We manufacture the dock and the app so both work together seamlessly.

Before you make a purchase, you should ask the procedure connecting and controlling your iPhone. With Cue Command, just unlock and plug in. Check out the video: http://www.deceptivelysimple.com/webpages/video_tour.html

Best always,

Team Deceptively Simple
www.DeceptivelySimple.com
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1390 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
I like GoButton as far as apps go
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
746 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
I suggest Show Cues and Audio Ape remote for the best total system on the market. Of course I am biased but here is a recent quote from Jeff McBride and you can read a lot more on the Show Cues website:
http://mojosoftwareonline.com/showcues.htm

“I use AUDIO APE with "SHOW CUES"- this is an app by Carl Andrews...best thing that I have found!”
- Jeff McBride

Also Show Cues is the only App written by magicians for magicians. The Audio Ape Remote was created when I talked a good friend of mine into making it. He is also a professional entertainer.

Hope that helps,
Carl
Vayron
View Profile
Loyal user
Belgium
226 Posts

Profile of Vayron
I use go button all the time. It's an excellent app designed for the artists.

I also use the satechi bluetooth remote to control my app.

With the new version of go button it's almost impossible to make a mistake on your cues (for example you can desactivate the double clic)

It's not cheap (99€) but you can download it for free and juge for yourself. The free app is complete but you can not save multiple shows.

The app and the remote are recommended by Axel Hecklau and he has a very clever way to control his music without any visible movement.
Avocat
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of Avocat
Something I've played with and am about to try again tomorrow:

just run music off the phone itself. Connect an AirPort Express into the sound system and the music will play directly from my phone which can be in my pocket, on a lectern, whatever

No remote needed (although my watch will work)
danaruns
View Profile
Veteran user
The City of Angels
313 Posts

Profile of danaruns
Show Cues or Go Button (each has its advantages) with Audio Ape.
"Dana Douglas is the greatest magician alive. Plus, I'm drunk." -- Foster Brooks
MrFye
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of MrFye
I use Audio Ape and Show Cues. Love the dependability and durability. Pricey, but worth it for the piece of mind. Get the travel case and back up battery too.
MightyMac
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of MightyMac
What is the current solution for remotely controlling music cues? Audio Ape is US only. Used to use a Griffin Dock but that stopped working and the show cues remote is unreliable
drosenbe0813
View Profile
Veteran user
Long Island, NY
396 Posts

Profile of drosenbe0813
I use OneTrack app on an Iphone with a blue tooth remote from AirTurn. Its been pretty reliable for me
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2043 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
For smaller shows I use Go Button as it has more programmable options for me. If I'm close I originally used a Bluetooth selfie stick remote. for further I used the iJet iNav remote (I just used that on a large stage for the It's Magic show in Cerritos today) but I have ordered the Audio Ape as it will give me greater range and confidence... but at a price.
Ray Pierce
<BR>www.HollywoodAerialArts.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Audio remote and iphone app (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL