The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » DECEASED by Jamie Daws (30 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Wander wizard, thank you for you review! So glad you are enjoying it! Im glad it is better than you expected! Always nice to receive a trick and for it to surprise us! Smile

Paul, there are many versions of this around! I was unable to find a version which met my needs though. Non that allowed the spectator to feel like, they never let go of their selection. A version that required no gimmicks and nothing other than the photos provided and a version which allowed things to be written on the back of the photos. This, to me feels like the version I could never find! And I love performing it Smile

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
As a photographer I use images a lot in my own effects.
And am always interested in other people's effects when Photos are involved.
I will be picking this up at Blackpool in a couple of days.

Steve
Paul Forster
View Profile
Regular user
Harrogate
179 Posts

Profile of Paul Forster
Hi Jamie, Just ordered this. I am going to use it with LUNA from Outlaw effects, all based around an lunatic asylum. I will stamp 'Insane' and 'Sane' on the backs and use it in the same manner as your trailer. Just a different outcome, really looking forward to getting it.
Paul.
Paranormal Entertainer
www.paulforster.co.uk

Proud member of PSYCRETS - British Society of Mystery Entertainers

Member of the Harrogate Society of Magicians
www.harrogatesocietyofmagicians.com
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Stephen, Its so nice when two world clash together and make something all together more interesting! Photography and magic are one in the same to me. Photographs are real magic to me. They are time machines, memories, evidence, they are the sea, the living and they allow us to see what we really shouldn't be able to, over and over again. So I'm with you, I love photographs in magic and no doubt, they'll always inspire me in what I do!

Paul, that's such a wicked idea man! Love the insane idea! Might be a nice notion to tell them it is a test that the doctors would give the patients of the hospital in order to determine whether they are intact insane. That somehow, one insane person can detect another. Tell them 8 of the photos are intact normal patients and two are insane. Then at the end of the trick, you are basically suggesting that your spectators may intact be mentally insane! XD

Im so glad you are all enjoying it! The guys will be demming it at the Alakazam stand at Blackpool! However, if like me you can sadly not get to the convention, My stock is arriving tomorrow! Ive got a creepy page set up for it! http://jamiedaws.co.uk/jamiedaws/thedeceased.html

As always, if you have any more questions, please let me know! Smile

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Paul Forster
View Profile
Regular user
Harrogate
179 Posts

Profile of Paul Forster
Hi Jamie, thanks for the reply. That is exactly my intention. In fact that is my exact story line. Great minds think alike.

Best of luck with it.
Paul.
Paranormal Entertainer
www.paulforster.co.uk

Proud member of PSYCRETS - British Society of Mystery Entertainers

Member of the Harrogate Society of Magicians
www.harrogatesocietyofmagicians.com
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
845 Posts

Profile of roblane
Be good to have this for the weekend! Fingers crossed
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Paul, that's a very good premise indeed! I like it!

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
pawel
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of pawel
Anybody received deceased from Jamie's stock yet?
“Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.”
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Just received this today and absolutely love it. In my patter I will speak of the famous "Vanslight psychic trial" and how accusations of psychic powers brought ten people together in a court room In the late 1800's. Two accused psychics and eight jury members. Can you find the accused psychics from the group of ten? I predict you will...

Good magic to all,

Eric

I even throw in the juror number!
pawel
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of pawel
Was it from Jamie's stock or Alakazam's? Just looking for some info whether Jamie started sending his orders already.
“Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.”
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I'm waiting on mine. Sent Jamie an email a few days ago, but no reply yet.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
845 Posts

Profile of roblane
I'm watching for the postie too..........
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
So sorry for the delay in rep;sing guys! As you can imagine, its been a crazy couple of days!

Ive just this morning collected the rest of my stock from Alakazam so the latest you should receive your parcel is Thursday if you're in the UK. Some US orders were sent out with the first batch last week! Smile

I was just talking to Peter up at the shop and he's just told me he's finished filming an extra for the Alakazam account. He handed me a set of photos which I believe Moz who works with Alakazam has hand aged and they look absolutely incredible! Honestly, they look so authentic! They have filmed an explanation of how to age the photos which I think has added so much value to this as a product! So when you get the DVD, please don't forget to register it at the Alakazam Magic website because they guys are doing so much to add to this product!

If anyone has any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact me! Im also on Facebook which is normally a quicker way to get hold of me!

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
greerj
View Profile
Loyal user
East Tennessee
283 Posts

Profile of greerj
I would love to read a review of this from someone who has received it and tried it out, when possible.

Thanks.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Ok actually tried this yesterday. It went over way better than I thought it would! And I mean way better. I got the old "Wait wait do that again.". Guys this is a very nice effect and I highly recommend it. The pictures are nice and I like the small size of the photos. I'm very pleased with this and as I said earlier I use a psychic trial as my story. It went very well. Hope this helps. Btw I ordered from Hocus Pocus magic and they sent it this past Friday.

Good magic to all,

Eric

Most importantly my beautiful wife enjoys this.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Eric! So glad it went well and you're enjoying it! Smile I think the power in this effect is amazing and I agree, you'd never expect to get such amazing reactions from something so simple but theres something so eerie and different about it, it just affects people!

Just thought id mention, Peter has just added a brilliant video with Moz on how to age your photos in a clever and brilliant way! I have a set of the ones Moz aged himself and they are quite stunning! Infant, ill be using his raging method on all of my photos from now on! They look amazing! Just log into your Alakazam account, go to Register Product, type in the code Dave mentions on the DVD and you'll have immediate access to the extra videos! Smile

I've posted some HD photos of the aged set on my Facebook so check them out!

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Jamie this is a fantastic idea! However I have to admit it is 2:40 am here in California and I so wish I would have just checked in at the Café as I normally do at 7am. But I did as you advised and registered this with Alakazam and watched the aging process of the cards. It was an eye opener and I can't wait to age them. I have often wondered how that was done.

Thank you very much and now it is off to my bed for a few more hours of much needed sleep. Of course with this process in my head I'm sure I know what I'll be thinking about as Mr. Sandman finally sprinkles his sleeping dust.

Thanks again.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Just aged my photos and they look awsome! This is a beautiful touch.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

I have an easy handling tip. When getting the two cards in the right position you can do this by simply showing the person how you want them to take one card and put it to the back. Do this twice and you are then ready to deal out the cards. Pm me if you have any questions.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Looking forward to picking this up Saturday.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » DECEASED by Jamie Daws (30 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL