The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Using a handheld-microphone (29 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of ed wood
Good time for this post to pop up.
I'm in the market for a new headset mic and the receiver/transmitter thingummy to plug in to (hope I'm not getting too technical here:)).
Any recommendations would be much appreciated. Spoke to someone at shure yesterday, but they got way too technical and I got somewhat confused, it doesn't take much!
Sometime in the future I also want to get a new speaker, the one I have at the moment is great but its huge and a pain to lug around. I worked with someone recently who had this fantastic long thin one, speaker that is, and it was fantastic. Of course I forgot to get details. Again, recommendations would be appreciated.
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Depends on how much you want to spend of course.

I've been really happy with my Samson Concert 88 Earset mic and it was surprisingly inexpensive. I've never had any issues with it and the sounds is just fine.

Just a little important distinction - there are headset mics and earset mics. The earset mics are thinner and flesh colored and are much less visible than the headset as they just wrap around the ear. Headset mics are bigger, have a larger mic and wrap around the whole head.

I strongly suggest an earset over a headset as it's much less obtrusive (and it doesn't mess up your hair).
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
...what hair?!? Smile Smile
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of ed wood
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2018, Last Laugh wrote:
Depends on how much you want to spend of course.

I've been really happy with my Samson Concert 88 Earset mic and it was surprisingly inexpensive. I've never had any issues with it and the sounds is just fine.

Just a little important distinction - there are headset mics and earset mics. The earset mics are thinner and flesh colored and are much less visible than the headset as they just wrap around the ear. Headset mics are bigger, have a larger mic and wrap around the whole head.

I strongly suggest an earset over a headset as it's much less obtrusive (and it doesn't mess up your hair).

Yup, earset is what I'm after. I'll check out the samson.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Using a handheld-microphone (29 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL