The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Faro shuffle PROJECT (Faro Poetry) (51 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Very nice thinking and detective work goochelen. Penelope the weaver.

If that's the answer we'd just need the first time 'it' was published and by who? I wonder if the 'it' could, in the light of what goochlen has posted, be thought to mean the first time that the weave (of cards) was published and by who? (rather than when the Penelope Principle was published and by who)
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
goochelen
View Profile
New user
Hexagonia
76 Posts

Profile of goochelen
Hi Sealegs - great insight.

I think we are getting closer.

By consulting the Conjuring-Archive I found that Edward Marlo's 1964 book "Faro Controlled Miracles" mentions on page 3 "The Riffle Weave" referring to an alternation of the top 10 cards during a riffle shuffle.

I like this "Treasure hunt" Smile
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2017, Sealegs wrote:
Tonsofquestions.... the original question asked, what is Penelope?.... rather than who was/is Penelope. So the film answer might be valid but the wife of Odysseus ought not to be. Smile

A fictional character in [book/movie] seems like a perfectly fine answer to a what question. I'm sure that it was also the name of the character in the movie, even if it was also the title. Smile

But I also like the idea of referring to it as the Faro itself, rather than the principle.

According to Joshua Jay's Amazing Book of Cards,
Quote:
Colleague Tyler Wilson has this to say about the origins of the faro shuffle: "The idea of perfectly interweaving cards during a shuffle -- such as in a faro shuffle -- was published in The While Art and Mystery of Modern Gaming Fully Expos'd and Detected; Containing An Historical Account Of all the Secret Abuses Practis'd in the Game of Chance in 1726, written by an anonymous author who refers to himself only as 'Your Lordship's Most obliged and most obedient humble Servant'"

That seems like a reasonable guess. And for completeness, 26 shuffles. Smile
nicolasmtg
View Profile
Veteran user
Argentina
378 Posts

Profile of nicolasmtg
Guys I'm at LOS ANGELES right now if any farolover is over there just let me know Smile
--------Magician and director at NONTRICKS.COM--------
nicolasmtg
View Profile
Veteran user
Argentina
378 Posts

Profile of nicolasmtg
Guys I'm about to go to tour on spain and france so if any of you there are interested on a physical copy let me know Smile

ps: while I'm on tour the book is on sale, the post is old and at that time I was charging the ebook 35 usd but since 2017 the e book is 45 but if you buy the Ebook version while I'm on tour the price is 35 as it was on the launch Smile

let´s faro Smile
RudolfRassen
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of RudolfRassen
Just placed an order... Looking forward to reading the book!!!
nicolasmtg
View Profile
Veteran user
Argentina
378 Posts

Profile of nicolasmtg
Guys I'm about to finish my european tour on the Escorial meeting (27 28 29 of this month) and after that the price for The book will be 45 again instead of 35 so hurry if you are interested Smile

Have a great day !! Smile
adiabaticman
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
144 Posts

Profile of adiabaticman
Nicolas, when will vol 2 be released? Looking forward to that.
Watching those electrons dance on the adiabat, from Franck-Condon to the Asymptote.
nicolasmtg
View Profile
Veteran user
Argentina
378 Posts

Profile of nicolasmtg
I'm working on it I'm always having new ideas I want to add right after I say OK NOW IT'S DONE xD
nicolasmtg
View Profile
Veteran user
Argentina
378 Posts

Profile of nicolasmtg
Here is what a living leyend says about the book Smile

I had the honor of meeting Nicolas last year when he was visiting Las Vegas. I got to see some of the new items that are going to appear in his new faro book and all I can say, I was greatly impressed.

I thoroughly enjoyed Nicolas’ last book called Faro Poetry and some of the items in that book are now favorites in my repertoire.
Allan Ackerman
nicolasmtg
View Profile
Veteran user
Argentina
378 Posts

Profile of nicolasmtg
Hello guys from now on the price will start to go higher lil by lil now its 50 usd if you like faro shuffle you will really enjoy this teatrise on the subject Smile
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On Aug 22, 2018, nicolasmtg wrote:
Hello guys from now on the price will start to go higher lil by lil now its 50 usd if you like faro shuffle you will really enjoy this teatrise on the subject Smile

nontricks.com search shows nothing for "faro". Where is this available?
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2016, nicolasmtg wrote:

if you are intrested you can contact me via pm or by mail Nicolasmtg@gmail.com with the subject "FARO BOOK"

The very first post on the thread has the order info. You must email him directly. The price has gone up as stated recently on the thread. Email him directly.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
nicolasmtg
View Profile
Veteran user
Argentina
378 Posts

Profile of nicolasmtg
Hello Guys!!!

I wish you a happy new year!!! and as a gift for that I will like to give anyone buying the "Faro Poetry vol 1" a 10 usd disscount so if you want to unleash the power of one of the most devious and marvelous techniques in the card magic world !!! for just 40 usd you can do that !!! and this temporal offer includes a skype sesion to talk about faro and share ideas Smile

have great day!!!

Nicolas Pierri
DanielChard
View Profile
Regular user
Bristol, United Kingdom
153 Posts

Profile of DanielChard
Great to meet you in Italy my friend, loved your material and I will pick this up Smile
You can purchase my Penguin Live Act here: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/12238
-4.5 hours of explanation, psychology and thoughts from a working professional. 15 years experience working in the real world, I hold NOTHING BACK!
-1 x 45 min stand up act
- 1 x 15 min close up set
-10 killer effects designed to entertain and destroy your audience.

Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Danielchardmagic
Instagram: @danielchardmagic
nicolasmtg
View Profile
Veteran user
Argentina
378 Posts

Profile of nicolasmtg
The pleassure was mine bro !!! See you soon !!! Now I'm going on tour to usa for 4f . Magic castle and penguin live if you happen to be near any of those locations Smile
MagicalEducator
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of MagicalEducator
Will you be bringing any copies to 4F? I’d be happy to prepay. Let me know.

Jeff
Voted "Canada's Most Inspirational Magician"
www.MagicalEducator.com

Check out my column "Magic is Education" in Vanish Magazine
nicolasmtg
View Profile
Veteran user
Argentina
378 Posts

Profile of nicolasmtg
Hello Jeff Smile

I will do my bests to bring some physical copies I think I must have some cuz I'm not going to print it anymore just ebook.

Contact me on facebook Smile
nicolasmtg
View Profile
Veteran user
Argentina
378 Posts

Profile of nicolasmtg
Hello guys I just want to let you know I will play nd lecture at the castle the week of may20th till 26th let me know if you want to hang out Smile
CopperChopCup
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of CopperChopCup
I’ve been looking for a resource like this for a while. Thank you, Nico. Looking forward to diving in and really studying this method.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Faro shuffle PROJECT (Faro Poetry) (51 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL