The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical equations » » Does anyone know the name of this MODIFIED magic square routine?? Here is the description... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DougRoy
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of DougRoy
Hello!

I'm trying to find out the name of a 'modified' magic square routine. I saw it advertised, via email, awhile back... but lost the source, creator, and distributor.
Relying on OLD memory here, but this is somewhat what I can recall:

There are THREE parts to the routine:
Part 1: TWO numbers are named (IF my memory is correct!)
Part 2: Your basic magic square routine, using the FIRST number.
Part 2: the creator TURNS the board upside down (again...if my memory is correct!) and does the same type of Magic Square routine, but with the SECOND number.

Does this routine "ring a bell' for anyone???

Thanks in advance!

Doug
"Bringing magic to life."

www.DougRoyMagic.com
DougRoy
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of DougRoy
Never mind. I just found it! Smile
Thanks anyway!
"Bringing magic to life."

www.DougRoyMagic.com
slowkneenuh
View Profile
Regular user
After 5,278+ posts, only credited with
133 Posts

Profile of slowkneenuh
DougRoy,

Would you mind sharing the item info? It sounds like something I would be interested in purchasing.

Thanks,
John
John

"A poor workman always blames his tools"
stanalger
View Profile
Special user
St. Louis, MO
998 Posts

Profile of stanalger
Jimso
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Jimso
For those who are fond of magic squares, and maybe even some who found them boring, this release by Andi Gladwin is a really fresh take. It is not the usual 'any chosen sum' effect, and it avoids both memorization and mental calculations. The props take care of the work. It is still in the eyes of the audience a feat of astonishing mathematics, but Gladwin's deeo thinking and layering of methods removes the mental math.

The most important feature for me is that it solves the problem of a weak ending. In my opinion, the usual tedium of adding up lots of numbers to prove your claim spoils or at least diminishes the climax. Gladwin has a clever way to form the sums very quickly, and then provides an unexpected kicker when he turns the square over to reveal the second magic square. His ending is much more powerful than usual than the usual magic square trick.

I bought it from him at a convention the moment I saw it, and was very pleased with the quality of the props and the instructional dvd. The dvd has full credits, variations, and lots of extra tips. I feel I got my money's worth, which is decreasingly common these days.

Full disclosure: I have a forthcoming book on magic squares and have asked Andi to review it before release. However, I have no interest in his business nor he in mine, and I am just offering my opinion to help members of the Café evaluate.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical equations » » Does anyone know the name of this MODIFIED magic square routine?? Here is the description... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL