The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » HARPACROWN - By Mark Chandaue (40 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..10~11~12 [Next]
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I pleased to announce that my long awaited book is now finished. The book will be officially released on 10th July at Minds. All that remains is for Phil Smith and then Steve Haresign to work their magic. The price will be revealed soon but expect it to be in the ball park of £45 for the soft cover and £100 for the hard cover collectors edition. As much as I am not a fan of pre-orders I have caved in to pressure and will be taking pre-orders, however not until the book is in a final print ready state. I will not take a single order until I am certain that people will receive their copy exactly when they expect to.

Here is an extract from the foreword by Peter Turner

It is a pleasure, no an honour to be able to write a foreword for this book. Having seen most of the material over the last few years live in all contexts I can guarantee you are in for a treat.

Now to talk about the author - Mark 'shandy pants' Chandaue. Mark is a tinker, tailor, soldier and spy.

He's constantly tinkering with routines in order to make them perfect and then he re-tinkers to go the extra mile. He has a unique style, very artful dodger-esque and his performances are carefully crafted in such a way that each one of them is tailor-made to make his participants experience one they will never forget.

To call him a soldier would be an understatement, he's a veteran and has been in the field longer than I've been on this planet and in this book he is sharing that knowledge.

He's constantly approaching the construction of his routines from a different angle to everyone else, he's as devious as 007.

Here is the table of contents for the soft cover:

Dedication
Foreword - Pete Turner
Foreword - John Carey
Acknowledgements
Introduction

Essay: Ross
An essay about my father

Chandaue Switch
A very clean coin switch

Melt
A two phase coin bend routine

Push
A hands off two phase coin bend routine

First Date
A date prediction

Second Date
A hands off date prediction

Essay: Magicians Guilt

Numbers
A low tech lottery prediction using a real ticket

Pictures
A business card drawing dupe - multiple handling

Nod to Pcket Pete
My take on Nod to pocket watch

Getting to Know You From Memory
My take on Memoria

Essay: Going Pro

Three Phase RPS
- Phase 1 - Rock I win paper you lose
- Phase 2 - Looch RPS
- Phase 3 - Way Out

Essay: Respecting the Art

Lunch for 2
- Lunch paper
- Free lunch
- Positively luncheable

Three Course Lunch
An update to the OTL principle

Essay: Making Sense of it all
- kioku presentation
- Kioku as pre-show

Scrap it principle

Thought Stacking principle
- iunlock presentation
- Starsign stacking

Brain Farts
- Chair Test
- Mapped Out
- Pateo tear Q&A

Commercial Effects
- Glance Pump
- Ring of Prevarication
- iForce Book Test
- Directors Cut
Afterword - Atlas Brookings

The hard cover collectors edition will contain several additional chapters including contributions from some of my friends. This really has been a Labour of love and all of the material is practical and workable. The only brain carts are in the appropriately named chapter.

When I am ready to take pre-order I will be putting up a website for ordering. At that point I will also detail the rewards for pre-ordering.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
583 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
Good on you Mark!

Having been privy to the way Mark thinks through a number of forums that we've both frequented over the years I'm excited to see this collection!

Best,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Please consider subscribing to my newsletter: http://eepurl.com/hmdnUX
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3353 Posts

Profile of Looch
I've had a sneaky peek at some of the material and we are ALL in for a huge treat with this book Smile Mark is a wonderful thinker and creates some excellent material and presentations!
Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/ Learn Mentalism with the Pro's: https://www.mymind.rocks
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3235 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I too am looking forward to this. Mark is a great thinker.
Woolfie
View Profile
New user
Uk
90 Posts

Profile of Woolfie
I'm extremely lucky to have read some chapters from Harpercrown and can only echo what Looch has already said. The effects that I've read have all been solid pieces that have consistently used methods that, to me, were brilliant. The biggest thing that stands out to me though, is that Mark doesn't compromise with anything. Routines can use several methods but run so smoothly and naturally together, they create something much bigger than the sum of their parts. The same goes for the effects too. If there's a weak or transparent link in its method, Mark reworks it until it's invisible. I now approach all effects/routines with the same thinking and I can genuinely say it's changed the way I perform for the better. And this is just from the chapters I've read so far.
I knew of Mark's amazing reputation before I met him or read anything by him. It's not empty hype. If anything, it's understated. I can't wait for Harpercrown to be released. I think it'll be a book that'll be recommended reading for all mentalists for years to come.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I'll be up for a paperback copy for sure..
I've asked to be banned
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Do I get an Essex discount? Born in Romford... Smile
I've asked to be banned
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
984 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Quote:
On May 12, 2016, IAIN wrote:
Do I get an Essex discount? Born in Romford... Smile

No but you'll get a protective cover so you can keep your spray tan off the pages!
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
What about my Capri and white high heels?
I've asked to be banned
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
This is an excellent book. Trust me, I know. Smile
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

Alex here.

I will be reviewing this book soon.

You are all in for a real treat.

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Look forward to it!
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
I've had the pleasure of Mark personally advising and improving routines for me via PM. His mind is sharp!

Doing my best to save up some $ for the hard cover!!!
haresign
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of haresign
Along with some of the other guys who have being privileged to have an insight to both the essays & routines within "Harpercrown", there is much here that you will enjoy immensely! You really can feel Mark's incredible passion for our artform emit from each page. This volume will sit very comfortably amongst my prized possessions that's for sure. Smile
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1105 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
I'm looking forward to it Mark!
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See my Dove Act here... https://youtu.be/Ms7_u46Qpp0

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

I will be posting my review of this book, of what I have read so far, so it will be around 50% review, and detailed thoughts and views.

Today or tomorrow.

Stay tuned.

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Quote:
On May 28, 2016, BMWGuy wrote:
Hey guys,

I will be posting my review of this book, of what I have read so far, so it will be around 50% review, and detailed thoughts and views.

Today or tomorrow.

Stay tuned.

Alex

I'm looking forward to it, Alex. Smile The review I mean, as I've edited the book so I know what's in it.
Orlan
View Profile
Loyal user
WA
223 Posts

Profile of Orlan
Added to my wishlist!

Will this be a limited run?
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
It's what I would call a self limiting edition. It's not limited but when the initial run is sold out there would need to be sufficient demand for there to be a second run.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

So here goes part of my review for this book by Mark Chandaue

I will start with the Introduction:

Here you get to see the reason why Mark decided to write this book, who his greatest inspirations are, and what you can expect from the book.

Chandaue Switch

Very innocent and invisible switch that nobody, I mean nobody will see coming. Peter Turner praises it highly, and I can see why.

How Mark ever came up with this is beyond me, but it looks like you don't do anything and the switch is done.

Melt

Phase 1 Prediction piece where you predict the date of a coin.
Phase 2 Coin is then bent with no apparent moves.

Very workable, easy method, and you get to see all the working behind this.
If you like coin magic, and bending metal, you will love this, since this uses very cleverly the Chandaue Switch that you will learn within the book, that is worth taking a look at.
For coin guys that want to do coin bends, this is very workable.

Push

A great coin bending routine that you can perform on the street or when strolling. You cause 1 coin to bend, then you cause multiple coins to bend at once.

Another coin bend but with a twist.

First Date

This is one that I will be using immediately within my repertoire.

Some change is on the table, you ask a spectator to pick up a coin, and you place the coin inside an envelope.

Inside the envelope is a prediction. You ask the spectator why he chose that coin and not the rest.

At the end, when the coin is taken out with the prediction, the date on the coin matches the prediction.

What I like about this is that you can spin this and make multiple variations that you want. Great routine.

Numbers

Perhaps my favorite routine from the whole book, and one of those worth the price of admission. Well I believe the book is worth the price for learning the Chandaue Switch, this routine, as well as the essays that Mark shares in which he shares a lot of his thinking with us.

In Numbers, yo do not need special props, and you will be doing this. It is a worker.

Numbers connects us all, and this routine you involve multiple spectators, and then after lots of people participate, more people choose digits at random, and they create lottery numbers, and you have predicted everything in advance with a real ticket.

This is a low tech solution to doing Nate Staniforths version, and you will not spend a lot of money, a few bucks and you are all set.

As the WPR guys will say, WORKER OF THE WEEK!!!!!!!!!

Nod to Pocket Pete

Another routine that to me is worth the price.

This is Marks take on Loochs Nod to Pocket Watch routine from his DVD Your thoughts are mine, as well as another principle that he combined from Peter Turner.

This is a stunner. I have already performed it, and it gets gasps.

You are able to accurately predict multiple things. so think of this as Nod to Pocket Watch with a twist, or to the nth degree.

The Scrap It Principle

A great principle that when I read it, it reminded me of something Peter Turner would do.
Great for getting information for free. Another clever principle worth checking out.

that's it for now.......more later

Alex Alejandro
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » HARPACROWN - By Mark Chandaue (40 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL