The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » HARPACROWN - By Mark Chandaue (40 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
King14
View Profile
Loyal user
268 Posts

Profile of King14
Ophiuchus was what got me interested in Marks work. I do design work and setup for Weddings. I was at a hotel when the Magician arrived.

I just played the layman and me and my friend asked to show us some magic. He performed Ophiuchus for us and about 20 other staff who stopped what they were doing. As soon as he started I had seen the blog on Alakazam and new where it was going.

This guy was not the most engaging performer but Ophiuchus done the work for him and blew everyone away. The reactions were priceless for me and made my day. I approached the Magician and asked how is that possible? That is when he told me he was born with that gift. I never told him I was a Magician. I just took the time to enjoy the reactions with everyone else.

I purchased the effect and book. This book is just a bloody good read and Mark makes it easy and fun to read. The Hardback is quality. If you want something special which you will work. Buy Ophiuchus and the book and that will sort Christmas out. I hope to meet Mark someday and hope some of the material would make it to a DVD so we could see the man perform it. Thanks Mark.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Just a heads up that the 25% off sale ends today.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Psy
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of Psy
We are still in november and it says that the coupon has expired
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Bugger I think I made the same mistake last time it seems to expire it at the start of the last day instead of the end. I will extend it by a couple of days so it will expire sunday night.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Loved this book. The essays were genuinely interesting and caused me to reflect on my own work. Also I like Marks style - his writing and musing along with his type of humor is something that I can very much relate to. I've been performing mentalism most of my adult life and been fortunate enough to have studied some amazing work and I would rate Harpacrown up there with them. I think this book came in to my life just at the right time, completely snapped me out of my jaded funk that I had going on with the mentalism world.

By the way Numbers is a complete masterpiece of a routine. Something that I will use and something that I know will get amazing reactions. Also just on a side note Mark was great to deal with. Always upfront with any questions I had and shipped the book out in double quick time.

If you want to treat yourself for Christmas I would suggest picking this up. You won't be disappointed.

Pete
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Thanks for the review Pete. Glad you enjoyed the book.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
My Mac has just died and I need to urgently find a new one so that I can complete Harpacrown 2. So my loss is your gain because I’m doing a very special bundle deal for the first 10 people.

Signed Collectors Edition of Harpacrown (normal price £125)
Ophiuchus (Normal price £20)
A preview of the routing and scripting chapter from Harpacrown 2 (not currently available).

All of this including shipping for £80

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I forgot to say pm me if you want to take advantage of this offer.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
I was given a sneak peek at the routining and scripting chapter mentioned above, I HIGHLY suggest you jump on this deal. The chapter made me reconsider my script for my show. Mark discusses why you need a script and then details what makes a script have a strong impact, and then gives you two full scripts from his show! Reading those scripts really made me realize that I’m not using my script to its fullest potential.

Again, I recommend picking this offer up. Harpacrown, Ophiuchus, AND this scripting chapter for only £80!? That’s nuts!

Madison
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Thanks for the kind words Madison glad you enjoyed the chapter. I actually give 3 full scripts, two Mentalism and one magic.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2017, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
Thanks for the kind words Madison glad you enjoyed the chapter. I actually give 3 full scripts, two Mentalism and one magic.

Mark

You’re absolutely right! I’m sorry, I mis-wrote.

And for those of you who may think, “I only do Mentalism, I’ll just skip over the magic routine” I suggest you re-think that. The magic trick teaches some great principles of Scripting and routining which is valuable for ALL performers.

Madison
Woolfie
View Profile
New user
Uk
90 Posts

Profile of Woolfie
I was also lucky enough to get a look at this chapter. Harpacrown is still my favourite Magic/Mentalism book and, by the look of this preview, its follow up could be even better. Marks chapter on the importance of scripting is wonderful. Theres a detailed analysis of the scripting for a well known routine as well as examples of how Mark has built a powerful and emotional delivery for another three effects. Hugely inciteful and written in the way only Mark can. Beautiful stuff.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
As I get closer to finishing Harpacrown 2 and really liking how its turning out I have started considering releasing a boxed set of both collectors editions. What I would really like to know is if those who already have the Collectors edition of volume 1 would be interested in a version of the volume 2 collectors edition that comes with the box to house both editions. Currently I am not planning a Harpacrown 3. I’m not saying I will never write another book but if I ever write a third book it will likely have a different title.

At this point I have no idea of box costs it would come down to whether there is enough interest to make such a box viable at which point I would look into costs.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
907 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2018, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
As I get closer to finishing Harpacrown 2 and really liking how its turning out I have started considering releasing a boxed set of both collectors editions. What I would really like to know is if those who already have the Collectors edition of volume 1 would be interested in a version of the volume 2 collectors edition that comes with the box to house both editions. Currently I am not planning a Harpacrown 3. I’m not saying I will never write another book but if I ever write a third book it will likely have a different title.

At this point I have no idea of box costs it would come down to whether there is enough interest to make such a box viable at which point I would look into costs.

Mark

interested in Collectors Edition vol 2
www.cesaral.com
Sales Manager for Cesaral Magic
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2018, Rudy Sanchez wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2018, Mark_Chandaue wrote:

Mark

interested in Collectors Edition vol 2

With box or without?

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Ok this is what I am thinking. The boxed sets will be limited to 150 copies.

However purchasing it now is somewhat of a no brainer due to the universally positive reviews of Harpacrown. Many took a chance when Harpacrown was first released when there were no reviews and I had no track record other than my Café posts and some contributions to other peoples works. I have absolutely no intention of penalising those early adopters and so the limited boxed sets will be in the following formats

50 complete box sets including both volumes.
100 box sets that only include volume 2 so that even if you got Harpacrown 1 on the day it was released you can still upgrade it to the limited edition boxed set.

The limited editions will potentially have some further bonuses in addition to the books but I have yet to determine what these will be. Possibly in the form of some video content such as a video tutorial of the coin switch or some useful gimmicks.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I’ve been looking into the Deluxe Limited Edition boxed set and right now I am leaning towards this being leather bound. However if I go this route it will be harder to upgrade the collectors edition into the deluxe boxed set. I could potentially offer some kind of discounted upgrade price to owners of the collectors edition but as these will be expensive to produce I don’t know how good a deal that’s going to be.

Why a leather bound? Well I want a set myself. When I wrote the book I did not believe there would be a second book as as much confidence as I had in the material I had no idea that the book would be as well received as it has been. Knowing what I know now there would have been a Deluxe leather version from day one. Due to the expense these are likely to be limited to 100 copies. Likewise due to the costs involved these will not be produced if the demand is not there. I will be taking pre orders but will not be taking payments until the books are ready to ship. Likewise these won’t go into production without sufficient interest.

Let me know your thoughts on a leather bound deluxe boxed set.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Will there be a non leather bound collectors edition [with the same extra content?] - just as I don't buy leather
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2018, The Duster wrote:
Will there be a non leather bound collectors edition [with the same extra content?] - just as I don't buy leather

Yes there will likely be a matching standard edition, collectors edition and the Deluxe Edition. The covers will be a different colour but the format will be extremely similar to volume 1. Whichever edition you have you will be able to form a set with an equivalent edition of volume 2.

The Deluxe limited edition may or may not have additional bonuses to the collectors edition beyond the box and leather binding. I will likely only make 80 Deluxe sets available, the remaining copies will be reserved as gifts and/or donations to worthy causes.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Not sure if this is a helpful suggestion

But if people want 1&2 as leather bound, and they have the first book as a collectors edition... rather than some straight discount

Maybe they get x off, if they send back Vol 1 collectors edition [?]

Then you have some used copies [to sell] when you run out of new ones...

Yeah, I said it might not a helpful suggestion x
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » HARPACROWN - By Mark Chandaue (40 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL