The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Using Malls As A Lead Generator (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
18641 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
So because you won't take the time to learn reading comprehension you are going to be a sarcastic nit? Ok no problem.

I said that just getting names at a mall is about as useful as the phone book. Did you read and understand what I am adding? I don't have a simpler language to use so if you don't understand I am sorry.

Let me try. I'm saying that having a lot of unqualified leads amounts to very little for the effort and expense. The idea of leaving a magic set on display and somehow thinking that is going to result in shows is based more in hope than expectation.

This has all been made very clear so I have not added anything. But if you need it explained simpler ask someone maybe they can help.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
thomasR
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of thomasR
You claim that I have no ability to comprehend words and that you can't make things simpler all the while you are not at all seeming to understand what I suggested. I never said put a magic set out at a kiosk and you'll get booked. I gave an idea of renting a kiosk for a display and that display could perhaps include a magic set as part of a marketing program. I'm not sure why you think a piece of marketing (kiosk or sign) at a mall that has foot traffic (again not saying all do, but the ones near me have very full parking lots right now for the Holidays) would result in 0 leads. I mean it would have to be pretty pathetic marketing not to result in any leads don't you think?

Is it worth the trouble? I have no idea. Is mailing lists worth the trouble? Cold Calling? Going to Arts Conferences? Yellow Pages? etc. etc. So many ways to develop leads, different ones work for different people.

Do you think a marketing display (kiosk or sign) at a mall would generate 1 lead a month? 2? Why not 5?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
18641 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Leads? Or results? You don't seem to know the difference.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
8364 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Plus it also depends on who and what you are targeting. I wouldn't consider malls for professional market leads, so that leaves only consumer market leads. Mall leads at best would be general or generic leads. As Danny mentioned, they are not a place for targeted or qualified leads. If that aligns with the market and types of leads you are interested in, then go for it. It also depends on what you deem worthwhile and the results you are seeking.

The Café has many stories of guys that have rented kiosks in malls and got nothing in return, except for lost expenses and looooong hours and not even breaking even.
55Hudson
View Profile
Special user
Minneapolis
899 Posts

Profile of 55Hudson
Quote:
On Dec 8, 2017, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 6, 2017, 55Hudson wrote:
One magician here in the Twin Cities rented a kiosk at a mall for three months attempting to generate leads. I don't believe it was a success - he certainly didn't renew the lease.

I suspect most malls would not be a good place to generate leads. Exceptions would include tourist destinations - like the Mall of America, where they still hire talent regularly for performances.

Hudson

The only thing with tourist destinations is does the tourist think of hiring the type of entertainment presented?

I mean if you are a children's entertainer wouldn't 99% of business come locally and not from afar? So if I go to the Mall of America and see a magician I might think to myself "yep want one of those at little Sammy's party", I might not think it hire THAT guy because of cost of getting him to Texas. That may be wrong.

I just don't see the "lead generator" working in my mind. But again that is just me. Even if you are in a local mall and if for some reason it is doing well as opposed to industry trends I think you might be collecting a lot of dead leads to get to one good one. It seems like working harder not smarter. At some level you might as well use the phone book almost.

Just generating "leads" is not really hard. But "leads that lead to something" are an entirely different matter. I would rather have 2 leads that were actually productive than 2,000 random leads.

Danny - I agree with you. Tourist destinations, e.g., Mall of America, often pay magicians and other entertainers to perform. Working local malls to generate leads is unlikely to be a good way to spend time or money.

Hudson
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
18641 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Makes sense to me.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
20237 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Paying thousands of dollars for prospecting or lead generation is not the best business model to begin with, in my opinion.

Next those prospects have to be qualified as potential clients or not.

Then they have to be target marketed.

Next they have to be exposed and sold your service.

When you put all your money in phase 1, what is left to follow through with closing the sale on your service.

Spending a thousand dollars with a mailing service would be more effective then people strolling by a sign in a mall. And a mailing service would generate some sales immediately, if your mailing piece was good.
Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
6969 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I agree 100% with MindPro, 55Hudson, Bill Hegbli, and Dannydoyle! --There's no sense repeating what they have said!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Using Malls As A Lead Generator (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL